• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Measly-Paid Old Folks Contracted By the Loyang Tua Pek Kong Temple.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recently, amidst heavy downpour, I decided to pay a courtesy call on the Loyang Tua Pek Kong Temple.

As usual, the secluded temple in a wooded area was crowded with thousands of devotees.

Volume of vehicular traffic was high and there were private traffic "directors" on duty. Many of them were of age.

I managed to get a parking lot and stood under the giant tent. The whole area was teeming with people. There were Chinese and Indians, even others among the mammoth crowd. This temple houses a Toaist temple, a Hindu temple and a Muslim Mausoleum.

The two elderly traffic directors were all a very pleasant and helpful lot. They were also wet due to the rain, as compared to their much younger, energetic and able-bodied counter-parts (Certis Cisco officers included) who had "comfortable" assignments under the huge tentage.

I saw these two gentlemen assisting people in wheelchairs, providing help to kids and also taking pain to allow vehicles with babies and old folks into the huge tent area to alight and then leave the spot.

I saw an area that was meant for "Motorcycles Parking Only". devoid of motorcycles. Many of the riders left the bikes outside the temple and made their way in via the main entrance.

As the rain and traffic volume increased increased, a "traffic director" used his initiative and changed this "motorcycle area" into four parking lots. Thereafter he placed some red plastic chairs to close off these area as "Reserved". A very good initiative from a senior citizen. Kudos to him..

However, an arrogant temple official came to the spot and chided this elderly man openly for having the gall to create such a "Reserved" place. The old man tried to explain the reasons for doing so but the "bossy" temple official was adamant and kept telling the senior citizen in Hokkien that that "the temple employed him".

I then walked up to the "temple official" and told him to respect the man's action for it was done for the benefit of the extremely young, feeble and handicapped. As is the "sickness" with Singaporeans in "corridors of powers and authority", he started an argument with me. At this juncture 6 gallant young man came forward and chided this temple official. Seeing our action, he walked away muttering to himself.

Meanwhile, the "heart-broken and sad" senior citizen slithered away and was seen standing outside the main entrance in heavy rain directing the traffic while his "younger" peers were comfortable under the covered tent. Such a sad sight indeed. I wouldn't want to be part of this life....

Questions Asked:

a) How much are these poor people paid for such long hours of work?

b) Is there any "makan allowance"?[/U][/B]

c) Why can't their agencies provide them with umbrellas or rain-coats?

d) Why stinge on areas which concerns the health and well-being of this people.?

e) What happen if an elderly "traffic director" is knocked down by a reversing vehicle, breaks his bones or dies?

f) Are these people covered by insurance and medical health?

g) How many hours are these people on duty?

PS: I was hearing President Obama on his State of the Union Address today. Obama wants Americans to be paid minimum US$9 for an hour. Wow...........

What about Singapore.? S$9 per hour!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

Will the industry supervising this area (SIRD of the SPF) care to speak out and issue a press release or are they waiting for some disaster to happen and then "talk" just like the case of the two brothers who died recently in Tampines Street 45.

Maybe MP Baey, Teo Chee Hean should go to that area and take pictures too?

Please do not wait for a statue to be erected within the Tua Pek Kong Temple as a 4th Shrine dedicated to a "Fallen Traffic Director"?

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
team drifter suggests you meet up with the temple management team :rolleyes: Or write in anonymous to the sinkie taoist federation:rolleyes:. or pm brother fishbuff a worshipper :rolleyes: