• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MDeeA: U Wanna Watch Sports? U PAY Mdm Ho 1st!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Measures in place to ensure TV viewers have access to key sports events, says MDA
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Mr Toh Kai Hua's Forum Online letter last Monday, 'Show delayed telecasts of key sports events on free channels'.
The Media Development Authority has put in place measures to enable TV viewers to enjoy wide access to key sporting events of national significance. We require sports events such as the Olympic Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, SEA Games and S-League to be made available for free-to-air TV.
Beyond this, the broadcast of sports events is a commercial matter determined by broadcasters. We appreciate Mr Toh's suggestion that free-to-air channels carry more sports content and encourage MediaCorp to carry more sports programming for the public to enjoy.
Eileen Ang (Ms)
Head (Competition & Market Access)
Development Policy
Media Development Authority

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Free TV channels now hardly have any Live sports broadcast and the TV license I am paying for now is the same as then when there were live sports games including EPL. football matches. I f you look carefully most of the programmes are local production and if there were movies shown, those were long long ago movies. The only programme that I watch on the free channel is the CNA. Others I have to rely on my cable TV.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: neutralnetz at Thu Aug 06 12:29:09 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>