• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maximum fine for nudity

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_370739.html

Maximum fine for nudity
By Esther Tan

spore-nude-INTERNET.jpg

Eng Kai Er (right), 24, and Jan Philip, 21 (left), did what they did 'to seek thrill'. --PHOTO: INTERNET

THE pair of undergraduates who sauntered through Holland Village in the buff in January have paid for their prank.
They were fined $2,000 each on Thursday, the maximum fine for an obscene act.

Court papers state that Eng Kai Er, 24, and Jan Philip, 21, did what they did 'to seek thrill'.

Considering that all those who witnessed their stroll through Holland Village on a busy Saturday evening saw every bit of them there was to see, the pair used umbrellas to keep their faces hidden from press photographers waiting at the Subordinate Courts on Thursday.

Philip was in a full suit with tie, and Eng, in a black skirt suit and cap, sunglasses and a face mask.

The A*Star scholarship holder, who is pursuing a biomedical science course at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, was heard saying to photographers from behind her mask: 'You won't get anything.'

In mitigation, their lawyer William Chan said they did try to check whether public nudity was an offence before their stunt.

Philip, an exchange student at the National University of Singapore, looked up the Penal Code, which said obscene acts were illegal, but he did not realise that public nudity was considered obscene and hence, was an offence. He told Eng about his findings.

But Mr Chan said their walk down Lorong Mambong, which has several restaurants and watering holes, took place 'at the spur of the moment'.

Their lawyer also tried to explain their actions in the context of their experience of a different culture: 'While certain things are accepted overseas, they may not be in Singapore. They are students. Perhaps they were immersed in a different culture,' he said, adding that their act took place late at night, not in broad daylight or near where children were around.

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a mistake here.

Fine does not discourage nudity at public.

open society is good for this kind of activity.

indirectly, our govt is encouraging this kind of art.

Nudity is an art as long you dont masturbate, to singapore, its new !

so give more time to the kangarooos!

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/426105/1/.html

Couple who walked in nude at Holland Village fined S$2,000 each
By Timothy Ouyang, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 30 April 2009 1853 hrs

php9NOSeV.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

Related News

• A*STAR scholar, Swede charged with appearing nude in public

• Couple who walked down Holland Village in nude charged in court

SINGAPORE : A couple who walked nude at Singapore's Holland Village in January, were fined S$2,000 each on Thursday.

However, they escaped a jail term as Singapore's Miscellaneous Offences Act stipulates that an offender can be fined a maximum S$2,000, or jailed 3 months, or both.

The pair, students at a Swedish university, appeared in court on Thursday.

In January, 21-year-old Swede Jan Philip, and 24-year-old Singaporean Eng Kai Er, had stripped at a nearby car park and walked naked at Holland Village, a popular hangout amongst foreigners.

In mitigation, Philip claimed he misapprehended the law regarding obscene acts, and did not know public nudity is an offence in Singapore.

The court also heard testimonials of Eng, who was described as a person who contributes to society through her research work in infectious diseases.

The A*STAR scholar has also been involved in street projects in the past, promoting safe sex education. - CNA /ls

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi pea brain fucker.

if it had been an ordinary pink ic-er performing the same stunt, u think will get jail time?

whats u take for ur daily meals? cunt juice?

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi pea brain fucker.

if it had been an ordinary pink ic-er performing the same stunt, u think will get jail time?

whats u take for ur daily meals? cunt juice?

The Lee junta had sent a very clear message over the past year. You are right to a point but should have gone further to say red IC of a lesser mortal.
Accept and let it go.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am very sad that singapore law have no common sense, nudity does not hurt anyone.
very sad for the sinkies gal and her friend. Just take a hint, try to marry out of signapore when possible, the place full of antique.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am very sad that singapore law have no common sense, nudity does not hurt anyone.
very sad for the sinkies gal and her friend. Just take a hint, try to marry out of signapore when possible, the place full of antique.

i agree, what beautiful sight to behold...:biggrin:

ILaidLeiaB4Solo

Alfrescian
Loyal
so is ass-star gonna cancel her scholarship or continue to scrape more of taxpayers money to finance her studies?

and that ikea guy....still here?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 thing is for sure they are not nudists.

The natural nudists believed in the beauty of being naked - Nude lets you feel the world.

Our 2 "nudists" did it for the thrills. They are exhibitionists. They got excited exposing their nude bodies to the public. They wanted peoples to look at them, see their nude self. Maybe getting arrested are the final orgasm of their little plan.

Peoples do all sort of funny things for whatever reasons.

ILaidLeiaB4Solo

Alfrescian
Loyal
certainly not.

and u would rather pay your income tax to some specky arsehole in ass-star that select this bucktoothed bitch to enjoy the scholarship in sveden to study something which is suppose to be fighting this swine flu thing? i bet some of the S$2000 fine is subsidized from your income tax too

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and u would rather pay your income tax to some specky arsehole in ass-star that select this bucktoothed bitch to enjoy the scholarship in sveden to study something which is suppose to be fighting this swine flu thing? i bet some of the S$2000 fine is subsidized from your income tax too

yes yes much better to spend on her in sweden, then all those PRC, indian, vietcong, indon, philipino, arab terrorists in our school.

anyway those tax money are not my money, since i have no control over it.
like CPF, it claim i have money in it, if i cannot spend it, it is really not my money. you understand simple concept?