• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mars and Nestle up the lorry

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha think of the damage done to your brands... was it worthwhile to outsource to China? they gotta change their names to continue the game...

Dutch Lady and Meiji also gone case, even after dust settles these brands will be left untouched.

SEOUL - Multinationals Mars and Nestle have been told to pull three products from South Korean shelves over the China milk scandal which has sickened thousands of babies, the nation's food watchdog said Saturday.

The Korea Food and Drug Administration said it detected the industrial chemical melamine in snacks made in China by the multinationals, bringing to 10 the number of goods recalled here since the scandal broke last month.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
every time after I eat mars bar , my teeth all become painful. Very funny as this only happen with this particular item.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha think of the damage done to your brands... was it worthwhile to outsource to China? they gotta change their names to continue the game...

Dutch Lady and Meiji also gone case, even after dust settles these brands will be left untouched.

SEOUL - Multinationals Mars and Nestle have been told to pull three products from South Korean shelves over the China milk scandal which has sickened thousands of babies, the nation's food watchdog said Saturday.

The Korea Food and Drug Administration said it detected the industrial chemical melamine in snacks made in China by the multinationals, bringing to 10 the number of goods recalled here since the scandal broke last month.

Though I live in china for many years...... only buy imported brands when it comes to processed food......

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should have some faith in the Chinese government and their products at least once in a while in your many years in China.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All milk products needs to be destroyed cos garment cannot allow another slip-up that will invite further criticism :biggrin:

total waste of natural resources

why recycle why talk about poor going hungry in africa

when decent food wasted

PRC mad dash for money is killing the world

wall street mad dash for money is killing the world

damn. i guess that is why people invent monk, nun and religious place.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that this melamine scare has been overblown. Yes, the SanLu (and possibly some other) baby milk powder makers are guilty of melamine overdosage in the milk powder forumla. However, the issue is baby milk powder, as babies don't have fully developed digestive and immune systems. Adult diary products like chocolate and cream cookie etc.? Give me an unhealthy dose of melamine everyday and I think that I'd probably be killed by it in about 200 years time.

The serious issue is with baby foods, not with adult snacks and beverages.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
you cannot be safe anymore.
we do not know whether those consider safe products contain the substance/chemical,unless those manufacturers have a kind heart and are ethical.
nowaday everything also globalisation.

twochan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Melamine has no nutritional value.

Melamine was added to fool tests that determine the nutritional value of the milk by increasing the nitrogen content.

So instead of 1L of milk think you're drinking, you're actually taking 1/2 L of milk with the rest water, melamine and probably some colouring.

So... would you rather drink 1/2L of pure milk v.s. 1L of adulterated milk?

I think that this melamine scare has been overblown. Yes, the SanLu (and possibly some other) baby milk powder makers are guilty of melamine overdosage in the milk powder forumla. However, the issue is baby milk powder, as babies don't have fully developed digestive and immune systems. Adult diary products like chocolate and cream cookie etc.? Give me an unhealthy dose of melamine everyday and I think that I'd probably be killed by it in about 200 years time.

The serious issue is with baby foods, not with adult snacks and beverages.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Melamine has no nutritional value.

Melamine was added to fool tests that determine the nutritional value of the milk by increasing the nitrogen content.

So instead of 1L of milk think you're drinking, you're actually taking 1/2 L of milk with the rest water, melamine and probably some colouring.

So... would you rather drink 1/2L of pure milk v.s. 1L of adulterated milk?

I guess I'll have to eat and drink whatever that keeps me alive, even it's going to kill me eventually.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Luckily I don't eat Mars. Rarely, very rarely do I. I'm also avoiding Casbury chocolate and a certain milk tea from China, after it was announced that there'd be a recall of the above 2 from supermarkets here.