• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Many low SES coolie genes Sinkies already loitering around City Hall area eagerly awaiting to enter the parade ground to watch NDP

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hordes of low SES coolie genes Sinkies in red and white have already gathered at City Hall area now dying to enter the parade ground. And it's not even 1pm now.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the same during the weekends for rehearsals and NDP preview shows.

Their uniformed NS slaves and ushers wearing red polo tees could be spotted all the way from Funan to Suntec. There's a clusterfuck of the people going to the NDP in the Citylink area near City Hall MRT station (Mixue and Luckin shops), and the entrance of Raffles City closest to the City Hall MRT escalators.

Good thing is they will all fuck off after today... and will come back next May or June. I also miss my walks across the Padang.

The new Sports Hub National Stadium is a terrible place to have the NDP, bad layout and terrible acoustics etc. Otherwise it could have been held there, sparing the Civic District of congestion and logistical hassle e.g. constructing the seats and barricades. The old Kallang Stadium was excellent for NDPs.

Ownself check ownself strikes again, with unintended negative consequences. :cool:

Cost of S$2.3 billion to take over Sports Hub comparable to government payments under partnership​

01 Aug 2022
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...arable-government-payments-edwin-tong-2849521

Singapore Sports Hub due for opening in April 2014​

JUN 10, 2013
https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/singapore-sports-hub-due-for-opening-in-april-2014

Calling it a critical milestone in the $1.33-billion, 35-hectare project, Acting Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Lawrence Wong said: "I'm glad that we have reached this major milestone in the construction of the National Stadium. This is testament to the commitment and dedication of our partners to deliver the project on schedule. I've talked to many people in the sports community, and we are all excited about the completion of the Stadium and the Sports Hub."

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore to ‘redouble efforts’ to keep costs of living stable​

Bloomberg
Fri, 9 August 2024 at 10:34 am SGT2-min read

The Orchard Road area in Singapore. (Photo: Aparna Nori/Bloomberg)

With cost of living ranked as the top concern among Singaporeans, Prime Minister Lawrence Wong pledged to boost safety nets and a program to re-skill workers as part of a strategy to lift incomes and address wealth inequality. (Photo: Aparna Nori/Bloomberg) (Bloomberg)More
By Philip J. Heijmans and Faris Mokhtar

(Bloomberg) — Singapore Prime Minister Lawrence Wong pledged to “redouble efforts” to combat high living costs, including by strengthening social safety nets for the most vulnerable citizens.

As finance minister, Wong pitched a budget this year that included S$5 billion ($3.8 billion) for measures including cash payouts and tax breaks, a figure that will reach nearly S$40 billion by the end of the decade.

Wong Thursday outlined plans to help Singaporeans deal with “employment setbacks” and also enhance support for families. Details of the social safety measures will be announced later this month, he said, adding that the government will continue to cushion the impact of inflation with support measures including cash handouts.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have only watched NDP live once in my life, and that was only a preview at the old national stadium.
I think it was in 1991 where the crowd were all True blue sinkies and it was a enjoyable experience for me.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have only watched NDP live once in my life, and that was only a preview at the old national stadium.
I think it was in 1991 where the crowd were all True blue sinkies and it was a enjoyable experience for me.

You're better than me. I've never attended a single one since the year I was born.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mostly foreigners , the previous maly guy crying will be there,really ccb por lan par,did he gain some vouchers from pap

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore sees challenges amid ‘vicious turn’ in world politics​

Bloomberg
Fri, 9 August 2024 at 10:25 am SGT1-min read

Singapore Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Lawrence Wong delivers his first National Day Message 2024, which was recorded at the Istana, and telecast on 8 August 2024. (Photo: Nicky Loh/Bloomberg)

Singapore Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Lawrence Wong delivers his first National Day Message 2024, which was recorded at the Istana, and telecast on 8 August 2024.

(Photo: Nicky Loh/Bloomberg) (Bloomberg)More
By Faris Mokhtar

(Bloomberg) — Singapore’s leader warned of challenges ahead as politics in many countries take a “vicious turn.”
“Across the world, we face growing populism, economic nationalism and protectionism,” Prime Minister Lawrence Wong said in his first National Day message since taking on the role in May.

He pointed to conflicts in Europe and the Middle East as well as increasing tensions between the US and China.
“These are powerful forces that shape our operating environment,” Wong said. “They are what keep me awake at night.”

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore to ‘redouble efforts’ to keep costs of living stable​

Bloomberg
Fri, 9 August 2024 at 10:34 am SGT2-min read

The Orchard Road area in Singapore. (Photo: Aparna Nori/Bloomberg)

With cost of living ranked as the top concern among Singaporeans, Prime Minister Lawrence Wong pledged to boost safety nets and a program to re-skill workers as part of a strategy to lift incomes and address wealth inequality. (Photo: Aparna Nori/Bloomberg) (Bloomberg)More
By Philip J. Heijmans and Faris Mokhtar

(Bloomberg) — Singapore Prime Minister Lawrence Wong pledged to “redouble efforts” to combat high living costs, including by strengthening social safety nets for the most vulnerable citizens.

As finance minister, Wong pitched a budget this year that included S$5 billion ($3.8 billion) for measures including cash payouts and tax breaks, a figure that will reach nearly S$40 billion by the end of the decade.

Wong Thursday outlined plans to help Singaporeans deal with “employment setbacks” and also enhance support for families. Details of the social safety measures will be announced later this month, he said, adding that the government will continue to cushion the impact of inflation with support measures including cash handouts.
Why not redouble effort to bring down the BTO, COE and number of ceca agreement?