• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mandarin educated in 60s and 70s suffered, Nantah was also closed down!

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe many of you heard that many locals who were Mandarin educated in the 60s and 70s suffered the most when english was lingua franca.
Good jobs were given to only english educated according to many locals.

What about the famous Nantah U ?

This kind of campaign--(where is warmth, he will go there sit) is a silly thing.

Singapore does have an identity and culture but it has gone down to the drain.

Now speaking mandarin coming back as a fad becos we think china is booming, does it benefit you ? may be at geylang if you want to try the PRC aroma.

Fad will fade, speaking mandarin on whim to anger the west giant will go nowhere. Obama is a young man. what about you?

if China is really booming, why the comrades are everywhere in singapore to eke out a living. Exchange rate?

As locals, better stick to your dialects,you will not lose identity like HK and taiwan.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe many of you heard that many locals who were Mandarin educated in the 60s and 70s suffered the most when english was lingua franca.
Good jobs were given to only english educated according to many locals.

What about the famous Nantah U ?

This kind of campaign--(where is warmth, he will go there sit) is a silly thing.

Singapore does have an identity and culture but it has gone down to the drain.

Now speaking mandarin coming back as a fad becos we think china is booming, does it benefit you ? may be at geylang if you want to try the PRC aroma.

Fad will fade, speaking mandarin on whim to anger the west giant will go nowhere. Obama is a young man. what about you?

if China is really booming, why the comrades are everywhere in singapore to eke out a living. Exchange rate?

As locals, better stick to your dialects,you will not lose identity like HK and taiwan.

Talking abt speaking Mandarin is to connect to China by MM chocolate LKY, to me that is a piece of shit.

If I really want to connect with China, I rather join the Communist Party, in this way I am 101% connected with them.

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said, well said.

want to be communist but still scared of economic pain.

hahaha....speaking mandarin is a veneer, underneath lies a old beast longing for communism but cannot embrace. Sure die frustrated.

Talking abt speaking Mandarin is to connect to China by MM chocolate LKY, to me that is a piece of shit.

If I really want to connect with China, I rather join the Communist Party, in this way I am 101% connected with them.