• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man who waited for 21 hours at Sengkang General Hospital asked to leave if he couldn't wait any further!!!!!

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1655562941107.png

https://shrtcô.de/liy8St

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should have kept the entire Sengkang/Punggol area as an agricultural zone. But I guess the Population White Paper required the lebensraum for the additional population.

Once they think of a way to justify it to daft Sinkies, I bet a chunk of the SAF training area in the far west/northwest will be turned into residential areas too. It'll be sheer orgasm for those real estate and property developer cronies, and their accomplices at SLA. :cool:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brothers & Sisters, allow me to give my two cents on this complaint.

I work with the medical industry, supporting them with medical and healthcare supplies. In the course of my work, I get to interact with hospital senior management, doctors/nurses and even ward assistants who distribute food to patients, the SIA ladies during the last two years :x3::x3::x3:, the janitors, dietitians, podiatrists........

The person who attempted to shame SKH probably felt very entitled as a patient:

In A&Es, it is not uncommon to wait 24-48 hours to get a ward bed. Let's say doctor tell you that you will be admitted at 5pm, siao riao lor, hardly any patient will discharge after 6pm. If the hospital is full, you got to wait till the next wave(day)'s patient-discharge, before you get your bed (peak discharge at 12 Noon to 4pm); and the situation is worse during weekends. He only waited 21 hours, many seniors waited longer than him to get a bed, young patients sleep along the corridor of A&E (and even wards) of some hospitals.

Many people at A&E are also waiting for beds, and hospital has to prioritize the seniors and those with more serious conditions. Even if his shoulders were in severe pain, and needed a keyhole surgery, going to the ward will not help his condition in any way.

The gentlemen also complained about makan. The situation in A&E is very dynamic. In fact, 90% of the times, orthopedic cases like him, may need Ultrasound, CT Scan or MRI. He may have to fast or not eat anything until some special scans are over. While primary blood tests results are out within 1-2 hours, A&E still can't give you food because further blood tests (if required) usually require fasting. There is a lot of possibilities and uncertainties about what to do next.......seriously, the last thing that he should worry was food.

As such, almost all A&E patients will miss a meal or two because there is no way for doctor or nurses to preorder suitable food for you before all these tests are cleared. While waiting for the next meal-distribution (after patient is allowed to eat), if he is not too choosy, A&Es (and wards) have a large & ready stockpile of Milo and Khong Guan biscuits. Otherwise, his family can buy him something from hospital food court (probably his accompanying family member didn't bother and went home that day).

Transfering patients (in stable condition) to wards reduces the workload of the A&E, in all honest, they will want to send patients to wards whenever there's any opportunity. I can vouch that Sengkang General Hospital is one of the best, if not the best in Singapore for patient service. Some hospitals (including private) are really bad because of their culture. The root of the problem is that, our medical professionals are truly overworked. People who works in hospitals are generally kind and good-hearted, we should try to be more understanding.

Last edited:

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor Sinkies please move to Mudland. Our hospitals are meant to serve foreigners who have good jobs and thus able to pay. Which part of PAP policy you do not understand.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Transfering patients (in stable condition) to wards reduces the workload of the A&E, in all honest, they will want to send patients to wards whenever there's any opportunity.
Hi bro . As far as My uncle know it is true that a&e always will attempt to send patient to ward ASAP to clear their side. But the problem lies in the ward side I.e the nurse are short-handed to discharge patient and last time was worst. Discharging patients are made to wait for many hours for the pharmacist. This has been addressed partlee by asking Discharge patient to collect medicine directlee from pharmacy after their discharge. It cannot leesolve the problem as pharmacist are taking their time to do the discharge medicines. All these process are causing delays in the discharge process. After that still need to wait for cleaner to prepare the bed. All in all what My uncle see is that wards beds are left empty for a long long time causing a&e not able to have what they wanted.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the problem lies in the ward side I.e the nurse are short-handed to discharge patient and last time was worst. Discharging patients are made to wait for many hours for the pharmacist. This has been addressed partlee by asking Discharge patient to collect medicine directlee from pharmacy after their discharge. It cannot leesolve the problem as pharmacist are taking their time to do the discharge medicines. All these process are causing delays in the discharge process. After that still need to wait for cleaner to prepare the bed. All in all what My uncle see is that wards beds are left empty for a long long time causing a&e not able to have what they wanted.

ok, i share with you how to geng.

When you are discharged, the doctor will inform your family or friend to pick you (less than 10% discharge on their own) after certain time, eg. 12 noon. Most doctors will submit the prescriptions (if any) by the stipulated time.

When your family member or mistress arrives at SKH.................

1. Tell your mistress to inform you that she arrived at the hospital but do not go to ward.
2. Ask your mistress go to the discharge pharmacy (not outpatient pharmacy) and key in your NRIC.

3A. If the wait time is short, ask her to wait and collect your medications. Meanwhile, you get changed, start to pack and the ward nurses will let you sign go-home documents and discharge summary. After collecting your medications, then your mistress goes up pick you.

OR

3B. If the wait time is longer, ask her to go up find you, help you pack and change pretty pretty, then you both hold-hands and go back to discharge pharmacy to collect medications.

Either way, you will save 30-90min.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok, i share with you how to geng.

When you are discharged, the doctor will inform your family or friend to pick you (less than 10% discharge on their own) after certain time, eg. 12 noon. Most doctors will submit the prescriptions (if any) by the stipulated time.

When your family member or mistress arrives at SKH.................

1. Tell your mistress to inform you that she arrived at the hospital but do not go to ward.
2. Ask your mistress go to the discharge pharmacy (not outpatient pharmacy) and key in your NRIC.

3A. If the wait time is short, ask her to wait and collect your medications. Meanwhile, you get changed, start to pack and the ward nurses will let you sign go-home documents and discharge summary. After collecting your medications, then your mistress goes up pick you.

OR

3B. If the wait time is longer, ask her to go up find you, help you pack and change pretty pretty, then you both hold-hands and go back to discharge pharmacy to collect medications.

Either way, you will save 30-90min.
Yes the discharging patient can find ways to speed up their discharge time but the incoming patient from a&e is still leepend greatlee on the discharging ones and the ward staffs commitments. That's why this fella kpkb he need to wait for a long time before a ward is assigned.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I work with the medical industry, supporting them with medical and healthcare supplies. In the course of my work, I get to interact with hospital senior management, doctors/nurses and even ward assistants who distribute food to patients, the SIA ladies during the last two years :x3::x3::x3:, the janitors, dietitians, podiatrists........

In A&Es, it is not uncommon to wait 24-48 hours to get a ward bed. Let's say doctor tell you that you will be admitted at 5pm, siao riao lor, hardly any patient will discharge after 6pm. If the hospital is full, you got to wait till the next wave(day)'s patient-discharge, before you get your bed (peak discharge at 12 Noon to 4pm); and the situation is worse during weekends. He only waited 21 hours, many seniors waited longer than him to get a bed, young patients sleep along the corridor of A&E (and even wards) of some hospitals.

Many people at A&E are also waiting for beds, and hospital has to prioritize the seniors and those with more serious conditions. Even if his shoulders were in severe pain, and needed a keyhole surgery, going to the ward will not help his condition in any way.

The gentlemen also complained about makan. The situation in A&E is very dynamic. In fact, 90% of the times, orthopedic cases like him, may need Ultrasound, CT Scan or MRI. He may have to fast or not eat anything until some special scans are over. While primary blood tests results are out within 1-2 hours, A&E still can't give you food because further blood tests (if required) usually require fasting. There is a lot of possibilities and uncertainties about what to do next.......seriously, the last thing that he should worry was food.

As such, almost all A&E patients will miss a meal or two because there is no way for doctor or nurses to preorder suitable food for you before all these tests are cleared. While waiting for the next meal-distribution (after patient is allowed to eat), if he is not too choosy, A&Es (and wards) have a large & ready stockpile of Milo and Khong Guan biscuits. Otherwise, his family can buy him something from hospital food court (probably his accompanying family member didn't bother and went home that day).

Transfering patients (in stable condition) to wards reduces the workload of the A&E, in all honest, they will want to send patients to wards whenever there's any opportunity. I can vouch that Sengkang General Hospital is one of the best, if not the best in Singapore for patient service. Some hospitals (including private) are really bad because of their culture. The root of the problem is that, our medical professionals are truly overworked. People who works in hospitals are generally kind and good-hearted, we should try to be more understanding.

Agreed with all you've written but i can tell you this last sentence is especially true :

People who works in hospitals are generally kind and good-hearted, we should try to be more understanding.( Especially the mid to lower grade nurses and whatever assistants )

Because i know some chief/doctors and are pretty cocky, howlian and are bastards.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why this fella kpkb he need to wait for a long time before a ward is assigned.

21 hours is nothing.
Agreed with all you've written but i can tell you this last sentence is especially true :

People who works in hospitals are generally kind and good-hearted, we should try to be more understanding.( Especially the mid to lower grade nurses and whatever assistants )

Because i know some chief/doctors and are pretty cocky, howlian and are bastards.

I know many retired SAF doctors went on to be cocky, half-hearted doctors in hospitals. They are too used to abuse their patients and subordinates. These type of people even got teaching positions in medical schools as part of their retirement package. I can name you a few. For fuck-up nurses, government hospital is just a stepping board and many went on to private hospitals.

However, for every asshole in government hospital, there are another 19 good ones out there. There are many who stayed in government hospitals because they want to help the masses, and impact their experience and skills to the juniors.

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal

You a doctor or missy?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Great clarification. Thank you. We really need this.

Wait till these motherfuckers come to Thai public hospitals I’ll be laughing at them and they’ll be wishing they go back to Singapore.