• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man takes grandma to court

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_384738.html

Man takes grandma to court
A court had ruled earlier that he is rightful owner
By K.C. Vijayan, Law Correspondent

A 25-YEAR-OLD who successfully took his paternal grandmother to court over ownership of a three-room flat in Bedok Reservoir is now suing her for contempt of court. Mr Garry Chee had taken 87-year-old Madam Foo Eng Ngoh to court nearly a year ago.

At issue: Who owns the flat.

Mr Chee said he was the sole heir, and had inherited the home from his late father. But Madam Foo claimed it was part of the joint matrimonial property in which she had a share, despite her not being named.

The court ruled that Mr Chee was the rightful owner. But Madam Foo dug in and refused to hand over the keys and title deed when her grandson sought to claim what was rightfully his.

Now, Mr Chee, who wants to sell the flat to realise his dream of studying in Australia, has again turned to the law: He wants a court to rule that his grandmother is in contempt of its earlier order.

Read the full report in Tuesday's edition of the Straits Times.

[email protected]

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow, that is no way to treat grandma.
dream of study in australia? australia univ are fxxk type compare to US or European university.
why have so low expectation of dream.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is this society coming to?

On new year's day, one neighbour told me his 11 years old nephew hit his daddy for not getting him the walkman handphone he wanted.

Last May day, my immediate neighbour, a 70+ years old ah pek had shown me his bruises and complained that his unemployed son (a single uncle) had humtam him for throwing away a pile of his "dirty books" -I think he meant old books.

Suppose the man wants his 87 years old granny to sleep in the streets after he repossess the house.

Heartless.

Man sues granny over flat

This is a fucking shame

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

Last May day, my immediate neighbour, a 70+ years old ah pek had shown me his bruises and complained that his unemployed son (a single uncle) had humtam him for throwing away a pile of his "dirty books" -I think he meant old books.

Heartless.

wow lau ooi.. u damn suay.. have LTS as neighbour.:biggrin:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haloo, who is LTS?

My neighbour's Ah Pek's son is a good for nothing 50 something fat piece of unemployed loofing lard.

This animal is worse than the Chee guy in the report, he free ride in the same flat his parents own and dare to whack daddy like that.

Another real f--king shame!

wow lau ooi.. u damn suay.. have LTS as neighbour.:biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Man sues granny over flat

This is a fucking shame
I would never assume that the young person is in the wrong and the old person is to be sympathised with.
There are many horrible and unscrupulous old people around, and sometimes, they are supported by younger but equally horrible and unscruplous people.
Don't know whether this is applicable in this case, but this is a reality in life.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
this case he wanted to sell the flat for overseas australia education,,,,,,,, what a joke

25 y/o and go australia and study somemore,,,,

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
this case he wanted to sell the flat for overseas australia education,,,,,,,, what a joke

25 y/o and go australia and study somemore,,,,

This suay zai bao will have his just desserts soon...

Bedok Reservoir 3 Rm around 200k nia, see how this asshole will squander the money away on his OZ degree, cars, boozes and women over there and end up a loser in life...

200k a lot meh?!? Cheh!?

25 year old is around 84 born... what a loser sia!?!

:o

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a point there I highlighted in bold, some neighbours can found many of these dysfunctional families.

I would never assume that the young person is in the wrong and the old person is to be sympathised with.
There are many horrible and unscrupulous old people around, and sometimes, they are supported by younger but equally horrible and unscruplous people.
Don't know whether this is applicable in this case, but this is a reality in life.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sell out grandma to go to some wasteland

This useless Pinkerton prick is a product of watching too many Hollywood movies and worshipping Western values

A person brought up on Confucian thinking will respect their elders

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sell out grandma to go to some wasteland

This useless Pinkerton prick is a product of watching too many Hollywood movies and worshipping Western values

A person brought up on Confucian thinking will respect their elders

if confusion is good, china wouldn't have embraced communism? :smile:

but study in OZ land need 200K?

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use the money go and be ah sia kia mah... Can hao lian in front of the ang moh gals or the other foreigner gals mah.. hope to get some free bonks....
Got a feeling he will just waste the money and end up getting some shitty cert back.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Now, Mr Chee, who wants to sell the flat to realise his dream of studying in Australia, has again turned to the law: He wants a court to rule that his grandmother is in contempt of its earlier order. <<<

If FTrash can get free scholarships, why can't he, especially after he's served NS?

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hah u think that is bad 1 of my fellow worker 1 day told me that his mother inlaw was kicked of of her house by her son and dump at his doorstep with all her life saving gone.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm not trying to say who's right or wrong in this case.... That's the job of the judge.

I just find it utter a disgrace for a young man to sue his own 87 yr old grandmother over a flat.

Once the case is settled, the guy can study in Australia .... and the old lady will sleep on the streets until she dies.