• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man jailed 3 months over theft of stingrays worth $40,000

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Man jailed 3 months over theft of stingrays worth $40,000

Published on Aug 15, 2011

ST_20995208.jpg

A man was jailed for three months on Monday for stealing 12 stingrays worth $40,000 with an accomplice. -- PHOTO: SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE

By Elena Chong

A man was jailed for three months on Monday for stealing 12 stingrays worth $40,000 with an accomplice.

Lee Yong Pin, 31, was originally charged with housebreaking and theft by night with Ong Zixian, 22, whose case is pending.

But he pleaded guilty to the amended charge of theft.

The court heard that both went to the victim, Mr Choy Chee Song's shop at Serangoon North Avenue 4 in the early hours of July 30.

Read the full story in Monday's edition of The Straits Times.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They were recognised by the owners because they came to the shop asking suspicious questions.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very beautiful stingrays....

This was what the owners said and the good work of our SPF:

"I would like to share this piece of news with fellow fishkeepers to alert the public and shedding some light and in the increasing cases of aquatic related thefts recently.
mad.gif

I will not provide the investigation details as the police are still working to close off all angles and have a conclusive case before they can release the full events of details. I will try to keep it short.

My premises was broken into and buglary was committed in the wee hours of Saturday morning. 12 stingrays in total were stolen, leaving only 5 stingray behind which I believe the thieves didn't have enough resources to bag them along with the rest or either that they were being selective and picky. I only found out later in the morning at 11am and the police was called in to investigate. So damn furious and upset at the sametime.

AMAZINGLY, in the next 13 hours, the police contacted me and informed me that they had found my rays
eek.gif
It was hard to believe, I'd never imagined that i could actually get them back, even more so, in 13 hours only! I immediately drove down to the suspect's home and yes, there were all there, in his tanks. It was my biggest RELIEF ever.
smile.gif

The SPF really impressed all of us with their efficiency and capability. I thought all was lost and was already prepared for the worst... theres no way I can get them back. They gave my case their top priority and worked through the night to catch these culprits.

Turns out that our instincts were right and the main culprit is a 'client' that came down a week ago, probably to plan and organize his crime. His actions and questions were just too suspicious not to notice. Forumers do beware, these malicious people do visit these forums, maybe even members. They are young, daring and organized.

They will now face the consequences of their actions.

We have been very fortunate to retrieve what was stolen and its a lesson that must be learnt. Security systems and measures are now in place to deter such cases from happening again. Even if you keep these fishes at home/farm/pond. There will be such people that will go to the extremes to steal them from you.
mad.gif
You can never be too careful."