• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man, 58, found dead in Yishun flat after moving in less than a year ago

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
Man, 58, found dead in Yishun flat after moving in less than a year ago - Mothership.SG
mothership.sg

Belmont Lay |
clock.png
July 16, 2024, 02:33 PM

yishun-flat-man-body-found.jpg

The body of a 58-year-old man was found in a state of decomposition in his Yishun flat on Saturday night, Jul. 13.

A neighbour at Block 510A Yishun Street 51 had detected what he thought was the smell of "salted fish" and initially assumed it was from a resident's cooking.

A Shin Min Daily News reporter arrived at the scene after a tip-off and saw police removing the body at around 11:30pm.

The authorities were notified some three hours earlier.

Smelled like salted fish being cooked​

A 64-year-old neighbour told the Chinese media reporter that he detected an odour as early as Jul. 13 morning when he was watering plants.

As the odour resembled the smell of salted fish being cooked, he did not think too much about it.

It was only until later on in the night that another resident noticed the smell and both of them thought that something was amiss.

The two residents of the block decided to check out the deceased man's unit by opening his window and realised the scent was emanating from his house.

That was when they realised something was wrong and called the police.

Friendly and moved in recently​

The neighbour also revealed that the deceased man had just moved into the flat less than a year ago.

The deceased man was also described by the neighbours as someone who was friendly, and would get up as early as 5am to have tea.

"Other than that, there was no indication he had other ailments," the neighbour said.

The police said they received a call for assistance at around 8:20pm.

A man was found in his unit and pronounced dead at the scene.

The police do not suspect foul play, and investigations are ongoing.

Top photos via Shin Min Daily News & Google Maps

Truthspeak

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is vaxxed, you will know why.
And 5G cell towers are everywhere and they are scanning every vaxxed regularly. If you are aged and always home alone, likely to qualify for early death

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't CNA have a series - Dead Alone? To me, it is rubbish propaganda as usual with an insidious attempt to pollute my brain, so I didn't want to watch too much anyway..... Dead Alone as the title suggest.... is on the rise due to aging population as claimed..... yes aging population maybe one of the contributing factor but as usual the fucking PCB zham (the real motherfucking elephant) will never ever be mentioned.... I can only speculate the probable reason for releasing this propaganda at such timing is to drastically dilute the possible alarming rate of death that is happening around us...... Most sheeples will gladly accept this propaganda as a good reason because it provides them with consolation that it is not due to those multiple zhams they took..... sunk cost fallacy in play I see...

Truthspeak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't CNA have a series - Dead Alone? To me, it is rubbish propaganda as usual with an insidious attempt to pollute my brain, so I didn't want to watch too much anyway..... Dead Alone as the title suggest.... is on the rise due to aging population as claimed..... yes aging population maybe one of the contributing factor but as usual the fucking PCB zham (the real motherfucking elephant) will never ever be mentioned.... I can only speculate the probable reason for releasing this propaganda at such timing is to drastically dilute the possible alarming rate of death that is happening around us......
The mainstream media wanted to normalize this phenomenon for a reason

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I shall never eat salted fish again. Also very scared of how it smells.:eek::eek::eek:

Salted fish smell is nothing compared to the stench of a rotten corpse. I know what it smells like as I had an elderly friend who kicked the bucket for more than 3 weeks without being discovered. I accompanied his cousin to the house when she didn't hear from him. When the police came and found the body in the bedroom, it was black like charcoal. I had to soak my clothes in detergent and Dettol for 3 days after that. I pity the cleaners who had to clean up the mess in the room. I guess Ginfreely's batu cave smells like that!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Salted fish smell is nothing compared to the stench of a rotten corpse. I know what it smells like as I had an elderly friend who kicked the bucket for more than 3 weeks without being discovered. I accompanied her cousin to the house when she didn't hear from him. When the police came and found the body in the bedroom, it was black like charcoal. I had to soak my clothes in detergent and Dettol for 3 days after that. I pity the cleaners who had to clean up the mess in the room. I guess Ginfreely's batu cave smells like that!
whoa, that must've been very tramatising. :eek: