• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man, 38, arrested after woman suspects him of upskirting at Nex & used herself as 'bait' to get video evidence

cat

Stupidman
Loyal

Man, 38, arrested after woman suspects him of upskirting at Nex & used herself as 'bait' to get video evidence​

Investigations are ongoing.
Seri Mazliana |
clock.png
July 02, 2024, 07:43 PM

mothership.sg
nex-voyeurism-3.jpg
A 38-year-old man in Singapore was arrested on Jun. 4, 2024 following an alleged upskirt incident at a supermarket in Nex.
The arrest came after a woman reportedly experienced two separate incidents of voyeurism by two different men on the same day.
The incidents occurred in the Scarlett and Cold Storage supermarkets.
In Cold Storage, the woman was able to capture video evidence of the man allegedly in the act of upskirting, after using herself as "bait" while secretly recording him.
User @uhmflo shared a video of the encounter in a TikTok post on Jun. 4.

Walked away at first but decided to "catch" man in the act​

Speaking to Mothership, the woman said the incident occurred at around 5:30pm.
She had entered the supermarket while looking for the first man when she noticed another man, who was supposedly working at Cold Storage, trying to record her.
According to her TikTok post, the man had allegedly filmed her while she was browsing flowers.
She initially walked away but decided to return to "catch" him in the act, using herself as bait.
In the video, he could be seen squatting down in front of a nearby shelf while holding his phone, with the rear camera facing upwards.
Download-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
"I even saw that his phone screen was on camera mode," she added.
She also managed to get footage of the man moving his phone when another woman was nearby him:
Download-ezgif.com-censor.gif

Lodged a police report​

The woman's partner later arrived at the location and made a police report.
She added that she had did not make a police report about another suspected upskirt incident from earlier that day, as she did not have enough evidence.
That earlier incident involved a man who appeared to be following her up the escalator and from one store to another.
"I kept an eye on him, whenever he tried to walk near me I walked away," she wrote in the caption.
She then attempted to gather more evidence, but ran into the man in Cold Storage before she could do so.
She told Mothership that she had decided to follow both men to "catch" them despite being afraid.
"Because of my first occurrence, I was pretty pissed that I couldn't do anything as I had no evidence or anything. When I saw it happening again, it felt like I should do something to collect proof."

Man arrested​

Police told Mothership that they received a call for assistance at 5:45pm on the day of the incident.
A 38-year-old man was subsequently arrested for alleged voyeurism.
In response to Mothership queries, a spokesperson from Cold Storage's parent company DFI Retail Group (DFI) confirmed that the man was a driver employed by an external vendor and not a DFI employee.
The spokesperson said ensuring the safety and well-being of customers is DFI's "top priority", and shared that a Cold Storage team member who was onsite at the time of the incident is assisting law enforcement.
Investigations are ongoing.
Offenders convicted of voyeurism can be sentenced up to two years' jail, or fined, or caning, or both.

You may watch the full video here: