• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Male commuter punches 68-yr-old Indian housewife

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tension between different races in Singapore seems to be getting higher as we see such outburst more frequently nowadays. If this continue, FT will take over the country soon as our own people are not united...btw I think the bus captain should be an FT and that is why he got heck care attitude,

20090607.230236_punched-bus.jpg

A MARKETING trip ended in tears for an elderly woman when a male bus commuter allegedly punched her in the face for not moving out of his way.

His friend also hurled obscenities at her.

Madam A Nyanamani, 68, a housewife, claimed the driver of SBS Transit 198 ignored her pleas for help and allowed both men to alight while she was crying.

Moreover, none of the other commuters on the packed bus lifted a finger to help her, she alleged.

The incident, which happened on Wednesday morning , left Madam Nyanamani shaken and slightly bruised around her left eye.

She had been on her way home to her four-room HDB flat in Jurong East, where she lives with her husband and her son's family, after her usual trip to the market.

Carrying two bags of groceries, she had to stand on the lower deck of the double-decker bus as it was crowded.

But a male passenger, who was seated, objected to her standing in front of him and his friend. Both men appeared to be in their 30s, she said.

She claimed: 'He said 'no, no you cannot stand there, get out.' She was then standing near the rear of the bus.

Madam Nyanamani said she was puzzled as she wasn't obstructing the men by standing in front of their seat.

When she asked why, the man allegedly stood up and punched her in the face, right under her left eye.

Stunned, the elderly woman, who had a cataract operation on her left eye about five years ago, said her vision blurred at that point.

Indignant, Madam Nyanamani asked: 'Why did you punch me?' She said the man's friend replied: 'Why must you stand there?'

Vulgarities

The friend then shouted vulgarities at her.

Afraid that she would get hit again, she held up her hands to shield her face.

Thinking that she was going to retaliate by hitting them, the two men threatened to call the police, she claimed.Madam Nyanamani then said she would do the same.

The three of them then went to the front of the bus to talk to the driver.

Even though Madam Nyanamani tried to tell the bus driver what happened, she claimed he ignored her.

She said: 'He didn't want to look at my face, even while the two men continued to hurl vulgarities at me in front of him.'

At the next stop, he allowed both men to alight. Madam Nyanamani got off at the stop after that and rang her son for help.

Her son, Mr Selvan Kanna, 36, an engineer, lodged a complaint with SBS and made a report at a police station in Jurong East.

Madam Nyanamani sought outpatient treatment at a polyclinic. She said: 'I'm scared now to take buses.'

Bus driver disciplined

THE bus captain who let the two men alight after Madam Nyanamani was punched has been disciplined.

Ms Tammy Tan, SBS Transit vice-president of corporate communications, told The New Paper: 'Our bus captain should have taken a more pro-active approach and rendered assistance. For failing to do so, he will be disciplined.'

She said the bus captain had first become aware of a dispute between Madam Nyanamani and another man when he heard voices raised.

However, she noted: 'He had no idea what the commotion was about nor was he aware that she had been assaulted.'

The bus captain then contacted the operations control centre to report the incident and seek guidance.

By this time, both parties had moved to the front of the bus and were in a 'heated exchange where vulgarities were used'.

Ms Tan said: 'We wish to apologise to Madam Nyanamani for his service lapse.'

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wong_Kan_Seng.jpg

Shadowing CSJ and co. is my main duty, OK? *chey*

In-SG-LEEm.jpg

Kena punched on an overcrowded bus? I couldn't imagine how this could have happened! *hee*hee*

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
75% Chinks and not one of them stood up to help. WTF?
I'm willing to wager the assault was by a cowardly Chink male as well. Notice how the race was deliberately left out.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Moreover, none of the other commuters on the packed bus lifted a finger to help her, she alleged.]

This fits the profile of a typical sinkie, and explains why PAP continues to win elections one after another...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
75% Chinks and not one of them stood up to help. WTF?
I'm willing to wager the assault was by a cowardly Chink male as well. Notice how the race was deliberately left out.

keling what if it was another shitskin that did it?

Typical of a lying twist turner like you.

Lentor

Alfrescian
Loyal
when a certain race people are the guilty party, their race will automatically be censored out or replaced with tanned skin.
in this case, you will know it's not the chinks.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Ms Tammy Tan, SBS Transit vice-president of corporate communications, told The New Paper: 'Our bus captain should have taken a more pro-active approach and rendered assistance. For failing to do so, he will be disciplined.'

She said the bus captain had first become aware of a dispute between Madam Nyanamani and another man when he heard voices raised."
=======================================

For $900 a month (the amount they pay to a China Driver), he is suppose to intervene and defend a person who he has no affiliations to and of a different race as well.

There were 2 guys in their 30's, vs him who can get deported for fighting. What's he suppose to do?

Perhaps it is getting really too hot and crowded in Singapore.

mudskipper

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fits the profile of a typical sinkie, and explains why PAP continues to win elections one after another...

wow.. your ability to extract a political innuendo out of a simple bus incident is truly mind boggling.

you should run for the next election. :smile:

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bus captain must be PRC, cannot understand what she is talking about, how to help?

It reminds me of my son's school bus driver. One student was stealing from another and there was a little fight. Both of them are non-chinese so the PRC bus driver cannot resolve the problem as he didnt understand what is going on. After the parents of the student complain, Comfortdelgro sacked the PRC bus driver.

This is something i dont understand, they hire so many PRC sch bus driver knowing that they cant speak or understand english. When there is complain they sack the PRC driver for not knowing English. If that's the case, why should they hire them in the 1st place? And sack them to answer to parents when there is a complain? I think the parents, student and PRC bus drivers are all victims of the greedy school bus company.