• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian Customs/Immigration Officials Fleece Singaporean Passengers

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]Passengers fleeced at immigration checkpoint[/h]
Lianhe Wanbao - 2 days 27 mins ago
pc_600x450.jpg
<cite>A passenger, Mr Chen, was “fined” for not taking his luggage down the bus at the immigration checkpoint. (Pic / China Press)</cite>
A busload of 20 passengers were stopped at the Malaysian checkpoint and made to give money to Malaysian immigration officials.
They got into a scuffle with the officials, who extorted 100 ringgit (S$40) from each passenger – all for not taking their luggage with them when they alighted.
One of the passengers affected was driver, Mr Chen, 34, who has been working in Singapore for the past 15 years. He is now a permanent resident together with his Malaysian wife, 32, a clerk.
His two-year-old son is cared for by relatives in his hometown, leading to the couple's frequent shuttling between Malaysia and Singapore.
The extortion occurred at 9am on 9 August, when Chen boarded a bus from Kedah to Singapore with his wife – currently seven months pregnant – and 20 other passengers.
Chen revealed that five officials hauled their luggage off the bus at the immigration checkpoint. The officials "fined" the passengers 100 ringgit (S$40) each for not taking their luggage with them.
The passengers had no choice but to pay up, or risk being stranded at the checkpoint.
Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 12 August 2011.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
careful in msia dese days ... hali laya cumming ... mor tan jiak tan jiak ... :wink:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun see anyone have any reason need to go to malaysia at all. if they want to go, dun complain on newspaper when they are victims.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went there few days ago, saw many MY poodles standing at the roadsides, all asking for Hari Raya decorations expenses, LOL

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passengers are supposed to haul their luggage with them when they alight from the bus as these luggage needs to clear inspection. Every one who has taken a bus to MY or from MY knows that. Why did the passengers not bring their luggage with them??? Especially this PR of fifteen years, there is no reason he didn't know the procedure. This news reporting is very incomplete.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passengers are supposed to haul their luggage with them when they alight from the bus as these luggage needs to clear inspection. Every one who has taken a bus to MY or from MY knows that. Why did the passengers not bring their luggage with them??? Especially this PR of fifteen years, there is no reason he didn't know the procedure. This news reporting is very incomplete.

My experience is exit customs don't need bring down luggage. Enter customs must bring down.