• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malay director for cantonese movie.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malay director's first-ever Cantonese film gets international recognition​

facebook sharing button

twitter sharing button

whatsapp sharing button

telegram sharing button

linkedin sharing button

By AGENCY
2456799.JPG

The film titled 'Rain Town' is directed by Tunku Mona Riza Tunku Khalid, who previously made 'Redha'. Photo: Bernama
After making a mark on the international stage through Redha, film director Tunku Mona Riza Tunku Khalid is unlocking another achievement with her first-ever Cantonese-language movie, Rain Town.
Interestingly, the New York Film Academy alum is not conversant in the language and throughout the filming in Taiping, Perak, she had to rely on an interpreter.

"I enjoy new challenges...and I am not neglecting the Malay language, but it is good to use other languages to develop our film industry.

"I do not just work using different languages but go through the fascinating process from different perspectives through interaction and learning. Although there is a sense of fear and apprehension, I am satisfied with the results,” she told reporters after the film’s launch recently.

Tunku Mona said she had directed advertisements in multiple languages, including Mandarin, Khmer, and Vietnamese, besides making super telefilms Uri (Iban) and Parit Jawa (Javanese).

Like Redha, which was inspired by a true story documenting the challenges faced by a couple in taking care of their autistic child, Rain Town also features family issues plaguing Malaysia’s multi-racial society.

According to the Best New Director at the 29th Malaysian Film Festival, Rain Town tells an emotionally charged story of controlling parents

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So will the mudd director participate in the opening ceremony by cutting the roast pig and praying with joss sticks ? If not the shoot confirmed will be plagued with all kinds of problems, including paranormal disturbances.... :laugh:

IMG_COM_20231227_1348_52_3430.jpg