• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Major 7.4-magnitude quake hits off Indonesia

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
JAKARTA - A major 7.4-magnitude quake struck off Indonesia's Java island on Wednesday, sparking panic in the capital Jakarta and causing seismologists to issue a tsunami alert.

The quake struck less than 200 kilometres (123 miles) south of Jakarta at a depth of 63 kilometres, the US Geological Survey said.

In the city, people fled shopping centres and were evacuated from office towers as buildings began to sway.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said there was the possibility of a local tsunami that could affect coasts within 100 kilometres of the epicentre but said there was no threat of a destructive widespread tsunami.

"People were freaking out. This is the first time it happened in seven years," said one Jakarta office worker, Dhani Yahya, 32.

"I was working on the 18th floor. When I was going down, there was an old lady who needed assistance. All I could do was pray by myself." - AFP/vm

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as it is not Padang...SGP is safe....

everytime it hit Padang, DIZZY man! LOL!