• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MadManSG is right!! NS really Kills!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF serviceman dies after Land Rover accident at Seletar Camp
03 July 2009

SINGAPORE: A full-time National Serviceman (NSF) died after an accident at the Seletar Camp on Friday.

A Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) statement said Second Lieutenant (2LT) Chan Wei Kit Nicholas, a Motor Transport Officer, was taking delivery of a Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Land Rover at the camp at about 11.30am. The Land Rover had been sent there for servicing.

2LT Chan was inspecting the vehicle when it rolled backwards and hit him. 2LT Chan was found pinned under the vehicle. A recovery vehicle was activated at about 12.00pm and managed to lift the Land Rover at 12.30pm.

A medical team comprising an SAF doctor and two medics from the Seletar Medical Centre tried to resuscitate 2LT Chan immediately. He was sent to the Changi General Hospital (CGH) at about 12.35pm and he arrived at the hospital at about 12.50pm.

The SAF doctor and medics continued their attempts to resuscitate him en route to the hospital. 2LT Chan was pronounced dead at 1.07pm at CGH.

MINDEF and the SAF extend their deepest condolences to the family of the late 2LT Chan. MINDEF will help the family in their time of grief and is investigating the incident.

- CNA

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jobsFTns.jpg

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he can die because of his carelessness, he can also die anywhere such as drown in his toilet bowl at home. Then you can blame his death on the italian toilet bowl manufacturer.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why did it take 1hr to raise the vehicle? If they fire brigade is called, would they not be at the scene much earlier and get the job done? The NSman died cos "procedures and chain of command need to be followed"?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
excuse me
i just got down here
i know nothing
who is this MadManSG ???

SAF serviceman dies after Land Rover accident at Seletar Camp
03 July 2009

SINGAPORE: A full-time National Serviceman (NSF) died after an accident at the Seletar Camp on Friday.

A Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) statement said Second Lieutenant (2LT) Chan Wei Kit Nicholas, a Motor Transport Officer, was taking delivery of a Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Land Rover at the camp at about 11.30am. The Land Rover had been sent there for servicing.

2LT Chan was inspecting the vehicle when it rolled backwards and hit him. 2LT Chan was found pinned under the vehicle. A recovery vehicle was activated at about 12.00pm and managed to lift the Land Rover at 12.30pm.

A medical team comprising an SAF doctor and two medics from the Seletar Medical Centre tried to resuscitate 2LT Chan immediately. He was sent to the Changi General Hospital (CGH) at about 12.35pm and he arrived at the hospital at about 12.50pm.

The SAF doctor and medics continued their attempts to resuscitate him en route to the hospital. 2LT Chan was pronounced dead at 1.07pm at CGH.

MINDEF and the SAF extend their deepest condolences to the family of the late 2LT Chan. MINDEF will help the family in their time of grief and is investigating the incident.

- CNA

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN, it takes 8 men to flip a rover over, wtf need to wait for recovery vehicle for fuck???

SAF must be lying either:

a) Vehicle must be 3 tonner or worse
b) Poor Boy was already dead from being crushed
c) Soldiers now all fucking chow ah kua, see blood then cry "Mummy!!!!"

Actually I would say THREE possibilities:

1) The idiot act smart, decided to check out the vehicles on his own with no one around to assist. I dun even think he even have a driving licence as the handbrake of the vehicle is not activated and he kick/push the vehicle, the vehicle "responded" and rolled backwards, he lost his balance and fel and the vehicle rolled over him. That could explain why it takes a full hour for a crane to be brough out to remove the vehicle. They could have discovered him 30 mins after the whole thing had happened.

2) Vehiicle, as he mention could be a 3 tonner, but given the space between the ground and the undercarriage of a 3-tonner, I would say he cant be crushed so badly apart from his legs, unless the wheels went over his head, by then you wont need to remove the vehicle, just pull the person out would do. That land rover could have one of those with heavy equipments that turning over would have been a bad idea anyway.

3) Lunch time, no one around when the accident happened.

This is my deduction. I would say that the main thing here is that the handbrake was not applied. Its common knowledge that for those of us who drives, we will apply the handbrake when we park a vehicle. So did that fellow "de-activate" the handbrake on his own? if so, then NS didnt kill him, his own stupidity did.