• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mabroky is BLIND & ARROGANT?!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>5 reasons Noh Alam Shah is right in criticising S-League
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I READ with interest the recent comments about the S-League by Noh Alam Shah and the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) president's reply asking him to back his claims.
A keen sportsman myself, I was tired of watching very rich and spoiled English Premier League players, so I turned to the S-League four years ago hoping to see good competition and sportsmanship. Never mind that the standard would be lower, but at least it was a league that I hoped was going somewhere.
Unfortunately, I grew more disillusioned as time went by. I am no fan of Alam Shah but frankly, he is absolutely right, and good on him for having the courage to speak out. It is a shame that the FAS president and management seem to be too arrogant or blind to the stagnation of the S-League.
Poor attendance is the result of several factors:
1) Non-competitive teams: The disparity between top and bottom teams is too wide. Tangible support needs to go to the lower teams or their disillusioned supporters will never return.
2) Low standard of players: This is to be expected in a young league in a small country. It can improve only if Singapore is willing to spend money and manage the league professionally. Foreign players and coaches should be of a much higher skill level (and paid accordingly) to bring up the local talent. Second-rate foreign players and coaches are a waste of time.
3) Lack of other entertainment: It need not be fancy, but at least have something pre-match and at half-time. I would rather listen to aspiring Singapore Idols and local musicians than twiddle my thumbs at the break and I'm sure these artists would do it free for the exposure.
4) Poor refereeing: Referees do try their best and one good thing about the S-League is that it's relatively corruption-free. Unfortunately, these brave men need to have better training and stints overseas to improve. Stamp out the excessive time wasting and fake injuries that delay play and frustrate the fans.
5) Marketing: Perhaps, the FAS can engage some professional sports marketers to think a little more out of the box to create an appealing package and attract more sponsors.
At the end of the day what is lacking is vision, leadership and money.
I hope the Government and FAS can take on the challenge to turn around a league that is not in the Top 10 of Asia right now, but deserves to be, before it's too late.
Kenneth Ling

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Why the foreign teams in the first place? Look at Malaysia league, do they hv foreign team except Brunei who can be easily makan. EPL, Seria A, JLeague, Spanish...all these do not bring in foreign teams to play in their leagues. Then why must Singapore invite these foreign team to play in its league. Why our local clubs not good enough? Then FAS bosses with their fat pay checks, pls think of something to attract crowds. Don't just always say that local clubs cannot play and attract the crowds. Think out something. You are paid for that, right?
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Godfather888 at Mon Sep 14 13:24:55 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>any way S League would do well to trim the number and consolidate the local clubs. too many local clubs brings no identity to fans. invite more foreign teams, raise the salary cap and space the games..
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: gemini58 at Sun Sep 13 20:55:21 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>I think S-League has to be demolished. Its a waste of stadium electricity. Either with Alam Shah's remark or without. Obviously poor attandance.
Sundramoorthy played a very good football. Why? Because he played in front of 20,000 to 30,000 crowd in Kallang Stadium.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: perry0164 at Sun Sep 13 18:06:37 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>inukadoinkz

I don't think you know SG football and NAS. That is why, you write craps. Seriously, there is no future in SG sports. not only Football. Boking, athletics, many others. The only thing is that these atheletes are trying to cope with studies and training. So, as typical SG, I ask my son to study first, play later. If I'm in UK, I ask my son to kick a ball and study later. In 1 week, my son can earn my 6 months pay if he turns pro in EPL. In SG, if you don't study and just play and train, first you don't really get support fm SSC or FAS. The worse, you are paid peanuts and after certain age, you can't play and you go and work as security guard, cause no education. Get it!
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Godfather888 at Sun Sep 13 14:30:18 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Do Singaporeans really care about the S-League?

Let's test this out. Cancel all betting on S-League matches and we'll see the true numbers of match supporters.

It's highly likely that the majority of supporters at S-League matches (besides immediate family of players and staff) are holding Singapore Pools betting slips in their hands.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: spfairley at Sun Sep 13 06:25:41 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Being in Asia's top 10 soccer league is not enough
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THE article, "Alam Shah told to back claims" last Saturday again put the spotlight on the state of affairs of the S-League and our attempts to develop the commercial aspects of the sport.
The success and viability of the S-League would be compromised if spectatorship is dismal and falling. The fans know that and so it is of little comfort for them to be told that the Asian Football Confederation ranked the S-League among the top 10 leagues in Asia.
On the other hand, it is not fair to compare our S-League and fan base with that of other Asian countries like Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam, all of which have a much bigger population base.
The changing profile of Singapore's population, which reflects a growing number and proportion of foreign residents and new citizens from overseas may further retard the growth of our football fan base. This is assuming that these residents have less interest in local football than native Singaporeans.
The fans and spectators are key stakeholders in the S-League. They are also the customers of the S-League. Do we know their profile and their needs? Do the product and services address their needs? How can we increase customer satisfaction levels? Is this what the customers want? Is the demand high enough to sustain the product? When do we pull the product off the shelf?
It is now timely for FAS to address these questions.
Lee Kai Yin
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
5 reasons Noh Alam Shah is right in criticising S-League
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></tbody></table>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I READ with interest the recent comments about the S-League by Noh Alam Shah and the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) president's reply asking him to back his claims.
A keen sportsman myself, I was tired of watching very rich and spoiled English Premier League players, so I turned to the S-League four years ago hoping to see good competition and sportsmanship. Never mind that the standard would be lower, but at least it was a league that I hoped was going somewhere.
Unfortunately, I grew more disillusioned as time went by. I am no fan of Alam Shah but frankly, he is absolutely right, and good on him for having the courage to speak out. It is a shame that the FAS president and management seem to be too arrogant or blind to the stagnation of the S-League.
Poor attendance is the result of several factors:
1) Non-competitive teams: The disparity between top and bottom teams is too wide. Tangible support needs to go to the lower teams or their disillusioned supporters will never return.
2) Low standard of players: This is to be expected in a young league in a small country. It can improve only if Singapore is willing to spend money and manage the league professionally. Foreign players and coaches should be of a much higher skill level (and paid accordingly) to bring up the local talent. Second-rate foreign players and coaches are a waste of time.
3) Lack of other entertainment: It need not be fancy, but at least have something pre-match and at half-time. I would rather listen to aspiring Singapore Idols and local musicians than twiddle my thumbs at the break and I'm sure these artists would do it free for the exposure.
4) Poor refereeing: Referees do try their best and one good thing about the S-League is that it's relatively corruption-free. Unfortunately, these brave men need to have better training and stints overseas to improve. Stamp out the excessive time wasting and fake injuries that delay play and frustrate the fans.
5) Marketing: Perhaps, the FAS can engage some professional sports marketers to think a little more out of the box to create an appealing package and attract more sponsors.
At the end of the day what is lacking is vision, leadership and money.
I hope the Government and FAS can take on the challenge to turn around a league that is not in the Top 10 of Asia right now, but deserves to be, before it's too late.
Kenneth Ling

This guy is asking for more FTs players.
Please lah. good FT players will never come here. Also most fans will not show up lah...no affiliations whatsoever. cannot work.

I RECOMMEND THIS:

I prefer a local league based on S. Korea's K league where players play for corporations. Can you imagine a Termasick team playing against a Creative team. I think most S'poreans will turn up just to fuck the Termasick team.

It should be this way. Our fucking Mr. Know All . Sir Fuck dont have the marketing nor operational brains. he only have CB brains to play stupid plain for all to see politics.