• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LUP Cut Corners?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Lift breaking down frequently
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THE Lift Upgrading Programme is designed to improve residents' access and convenience. I am sure this does create more convenience, especially for residents on non-lift-landing levels.
However, residents of Block 946 Tampines Avenue 4 experience much inconvenience instead, due to frequent breakdown of Lift A (the only available lift). Lift A has been completed, while Lift B is still undergoing work. Imagine the elderly, people with leg problems or asthma, and schoolchildren with heavy bags having to climb the stairs.
The lift breaks down a few times every month and sometimes even causes power failure in the flats. Last month, the lifts broke down on:
- Feb 11, from 11pm to 2am - breakdown and power failure at corridor as well as in flats. Several levels affected. A member of my family was trapped in the lift.
- Feb 18, around 3.30pm to 5pm
- Last Thursday, 1pm to 2.30pm
We are tired of calling the HDB helpline and Tampines Town Council to explain about the problem and sick of both parties shifting responsibility. The common replies were: 'You have to call town council, not us' and 'We are not in charge of this. It should be HDB'.
An officer from the town council I spoke to on Feb 18 - a certain Mr Kumar - was rude and nonchalant. His replies were 'um' or 'huh', and senseless questions like 'How do you know?' or no response at all. He ended by saying he was just following up on behalf of another officer. He did not offer to highlight the issue to another officer and get back to me. He was displeased at having to give his name. Is this the kind of customer service practised by Tampines Town Council?
We are upset by the frequent lift breakdowns. Instead of upgrading to achieve more convenience and an improved lifestyle, it has caused great inconvenience, disrupted our lifestyle and affected the health of residents who are unable to climb the stairs. A helpful response from either HDB or Tampines Town Council will help to ease residents' concerns and not leave us feeling helpless. Annie Chng (Ms)

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go shoot their ass in ST, those working in TC or HDBs are a bunch of jiat liao bees, always not at their desks and drinking kopi at some coffee shops talk cock sing song play mahjong is a routine!

Some are even on the take from various contractors when they provide sub-standard works. I can tell you for a fact... Almost all TCs have this problem but CPIB fcuking hell never go and dig these worms out because there are too many of them...

Imagine those monthly conservancy fees are used to feed these jiat liao bees makes me mad!

I know all these because of my previous work experiences...

And the best part is come election time, all these TCs who should not have any political inclinations are all roped in to support PAPs in their campaigns...

The Opps are really fighting a difficult war in such times when PAP have such huge reserves and backups...

But don't worry, my vote is always for the Opp, you can count my vote in already!

:mad::mad::mad:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are tired of calling the HDB helpline and Tampines Town Council to explain about the problem and sick of both parties shifting responsibility. The common replies were: 'You have to call town council, not us' and 'We are not in charge of this. It should be HDB'.

Looks like Marborola Tan lost this (Annie Chng) voter's confidence.