• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LTC Viswa replied thanking u bros!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - NMP Viswa replied thanking u bros!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>3:51 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>19667.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22
icon.aspx
icon.aspx
</TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>1:56 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL </TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 17) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>19608.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>There is a blog started trying to lend support to NMP Viswa, esp after LKY tried to cut him down to pieces after Viswa has given his speech. Obviously, it must be Viswa said that stirred the PAP hornet nest... so much so that the old man himself got to come out and say something... anyway, bros, I'd encourage you guys to give Viswa your support in the blog below. Obviously, PAP spies are watching....
http://nmpviswasadasivanmaidenspeech.blogspot.com/2009/08/nmp-viswa-sadasivans-maiden-speech-in.html

<DT id=c3033675864152086605 class="comment-author blogger-comment-icon">Kojakbt said... <DT class="comment-author blogger-comment-icon"><DT class="comment-author blogger-comment-icon">Hi Mr Viswa, if you're reading this, would just like to let you know that most of the forumers in 3in1kopitiam are behind you all the way. Remember, you are speaking on behalf of the people. In fact, I suspect what you have said resonates with the majority of the Singaporeans, esp the younger ones. So, nevermind if you felt terrible that you have made MM Lee unhappy. He is just one tired old man in Singapore. What's more important is to make Singaporeans happy!

It's been a long time since someone speak out the truth in parliament challenging the establishment. Please do not feel "threatened" by the establishment. As long as your conscience is clear and you are willing to speak the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Kojakbt
www.3in1kopitiam.com

</DT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>3:52 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(2 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>19667.2 in reply to 19667.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE id=mm class=mhc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=fhr><TD class=au>Viswa Sadasivan <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 0px" width="100%"><TABLE class=rc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=_mr_1233ea50910bb22f>to me

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px" align=right>show details
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD align=right>4:27 am (14 hours ago) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=cbln>Thanks, Kojakbt, for the encouragement – means a lot.
BTW – my “noose” comment in TNP was said tongue in cheek!

Cheers
Viswa

Viswa Sadasivan
CEO
Strategic Moves Pte Ltd
100 Cecil Street | #15-01 The Globe | Singapore 069532
Tel (65) 6324 0662 | Fax (65) 6324 0422 | Website [URL="http://www.strategicmoves.com.sg/"]www.strategicmoves.com.sg[/URL]
Co. Reg. No. 200002285R

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>4:11 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (7 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>19667.7 in reply to 19667.6 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Some of the postings from the blog:
<DT id=c3300759503197729644 class="comment-author blogger-comment-icon">Elson said... <DD class=comment-body>I would agree with 85% of the views by Mr Viswa. His debate was straight, direct and truly the voices of the common people. I like to highlight on the note of his debate about the importance of re-emphasizing National Education to our younger generations in Singapore.

Our Government must be accountable for all its actions and the Public Service must exercise restraints from all feedbacks provided, be it pleasant, rude, insulting, or unpleasant.

Otherwise, deem by prosecution of any insult through feedbacks, the Government is echoeing for unpredictable, anger storms from the Public.
<DT id=c275313597650685660 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">wayang said... <DD class=comment-body>Agreed with blog's owner view. This speech is moving and it resonates with me - a 3rd generation citizen - where the PM's rally speech failed.

NMP Viswa has the balls to bring out the real issues that are of concern to our nation. Rally speech was a lot of feel-good ancedotes that serves no purpose.
<DT id=c4163804377701045301 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Zack said... <DD class=comment-body>If Viswa were to be one of the opposition candidate, I'm going to vote for him. Anyway, his unedited original speech is worth the read over and over again. Good work, Viswa.

[email protected]

</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>4:13 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (8 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>19667.8 in reply to 19667.7 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><DT id=c4574409479434752179 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Anonymous said... <DD class=comment-body>This is the kind of speech our own PM should have made during the National Day rally this year.
<DT id=c8678272009756159948 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Anonymous said... <DD class=comment-body>I feel sad that NMP Viswa will not be renewed for the next nomination. He will likely sit for this term only. Singapore will still the same until the day comes with... Just think, what Viswa said is telling the rulers to get out. Will the rulers be so stupid? The rulers did not do what Viswa suggested yesterday. Do you think the rulers will do tomorrow? Just a fat hope.
<DT id=c3590512946132952793 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Anonymous said... <DD class=comment-body>Viswa's speech is as great as MM Lee's "rebuttal" was inane and sinister. And the fact that the ST published at least half a dozen ass kissing expressions of support for MM Lee makes me want to puke. But, I think this may have been a big event? Or no?
<DT id=c5180550480602323945 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Anonymous said... <DD class=comment-body>This is a speech more suited for the opposition. Subtle praises and insults!

Suggestion to review major policies based on the pledge (which is like a company's mission statement) is a real killer...
<DD class=comment-body>

[email protected]

</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>4:16 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(10 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>19667.10 in reply to 19667.9 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><DT id=c3580292228881697586 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Anonymous said... <DD class=comment-body>Excellent speech! Had been wanting to read in full after reading the sudden hoo ha splashed on front page of ST. Wondering what did Viswa write that MM wanted to 'bring the House back to earth'! Well, this V speech was really good. It had nothing got to do with "race". PM Lee stirred up the issue on religion again on the ND speech which was untimely I thought. It was nothing to do with 'religion' but "Morality" issue - which speaks regardless of race, language or religion.

<DT id=c9111569463957162813 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Anonymous said... <DD class=comment-body>Very good write up.

Is the voice of the commoners.

Does the progress of Singapore really benefits the citizen?

Do we really want the kind of progress we have now at the expense of us?

The rebutt from MM Lee just puzzle me.

Keep up the good work, Viswa Sadisvan.

I am glad there are Singaporean like you who spoke for us.

<DT id=c329166391560032143 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Anonymous said... <DD class=comment-body>I applaud Viswa for his speech..powerful indeed but I am afraid nothing is going to change..i have witnessed many things over the past 40 years to say that things will change..i have felt that the race card was played with a purpose and it was intentional all along..divide and rule..i felt more as a people in the 70s then in the eighties and ninties..so i chose to migrate to australia ..but am still a singaporean at heart..i always ask my friends this..when u have a leaking bucket..do u try to stop the leak or do u keep topping it up?..that is the migration issue in singapore..anyhow..Viswa u have spoken what is in the minds ofmany minorities like me..wll done..cheers mate

[email protected]

</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtablealt cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>4:17 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (11 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>19667.11 in reply to 19667.10 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><DT id=c569388204362070157 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Anonymous said... <DD class=comment-body>Well done Viswa!

This is a timely speech encapsulating what is in the hearts of many young Singaporeans like me!
After reading Viswa's maiden speech in its entirety, I fail to see where and why it evokes such a vitriolic response from the PAP. And I'm simply amazed at MM's comments.

"Hifalutin" ? Viswa's speech: both the words and the spirit behind them were anything but!

Keep up the good work Viswa! I believe that the intelligent, level-headed people who accepted you and made you a NMP have the political and intellectual maturity to accept the truth in your words and value you for their sincerity and honesty. Auspicium Melioris Aevi!
<DT id=c2649140481599373977 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Anonymous said... <DD class=comment-body>You spoke the truth...nothing but the truth. It is a "wake up" call to the government and PAP. You definitely represented us to speak up against the suppression we have endured for many years. Well done Viswa! We wish you all the best and hope you can do more for us. The Pledge is meaningless now because it lacks sincereity in the first instance... we have been fooled! Thank you Viswa for tabling this motion and discovering the truth.
<DT id=c3801846701019829 class="comment-author anon-comment-icon">Anonymous said... <DD class=comment-body>Thank you for the great speech. Please do not let anyone, especially the old man intimidate you. Keep this fire in ur belly burning. Hoping to see more speech of urs in future.
<DT id=c2025668133742895547 class="comment-author blogger-comment-icon">Type_R said... <DD class=comment-body>I still don't understand why lky was so uptight that, after rarely spoken for long, he had to speak to "demolish" what he called as "highfalutin" ideas of Viswa???!!! The old man is still on physiotherapy right?

OR is it because that Viswa's points were so brutally honest that hurt to the core?

[email protected]

</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>