• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LTA Urged to Stop Being CHOR BOH LAN!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Who's responsible for safety on footpaths?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to last Saturday's letter by Ms Amy Loh ('Why Singapore must license bicycles now').
I strongly support any proposal to license bicycles. The point is that licensing bicycles should impose some sense of responsibility on those who own bicycles and those who ride them. This is especially important now that the authorities are considering allowing narrow pedestrian paths to be used by cyclists.
I live in an estate where a pedestrian path (about 1m to 1.2m wide) leads to the MRT station. The side of the path is lined with trees with branches jutting out.
The estate is near an industrial area and it is rare not to see a bicycle - or have one flash past you from behind - while walking on the path. Often they ride fast and give no room to manoeuvre in an emergency.
Even during peak periods, when there are many pedestrians on the path, inconsiderate cyclists still ride there, some at speeds that are unacceptable and dangerous. The situation is an accident waiting to happen.
I wrote to the Land Transport Authority (LTA) about the situation and suggested that the path be widened. The first reply was that widening the path would encourage more cyclists to use it. I then suggested low obstacles such as humps to discourage cyclists. The reply: that would make it difficult for people in wheelchairs to use the path.
So it seems everyone else takes priority over the safety of pedestrians. In my final letter to LTA, I pleaded that something be done about the dangerous situation. LTA said it would refer the matter to the police. To date, the situation is unchanged. Yik Tze Kong

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen it for myself how LTA officers always wanting to do OT but instead of working, they spend the OT hours sleeping then go home late, every month their pay gets inflated by 50%... imagine getting paid to work(sleep actually) extra 4 hours daily based on 1.5 times hourly rates... These are the expensive workers! I say fire them all and replace with cheaper FT...

These people are trash sia, waste of taxpayers' money...

I look down on them sia!

Pui! Pui!

:mad::mad:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt service can afford to have these useless chiak liao bee. Imagine if you run business with this kind of employee, so that is why must allow foreign worker to help bring business costs down so we can price services more competitively to Singaporeans and still have good profit margin