• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LOWEST Paying Jobs In S'pore, and Why Long Run Sure MATI......

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found this good article to share.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgF" align="right" width="1%" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">Lola (Langusta) <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" align="right" width="30%" nowrap="nowrap">2:42 am </td></tr> <tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" align="right" width="1%" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">ALL <nobr></nobr></td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (1 of 13) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">16925.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt">The Truth about Jobs, Jobs, Jobs....
LuckySingaporean
Yesterday, 7:39 PM

In this posting, I'll tell you why the PAP will never ever establish a minimum wage.

In this recession, the US unemployment rate soared to 9.4%....and Singapore's resident unemployment rate is 4.9%. These unemployment numbers are however not an apples to apples comparison. Before I drill into the numbers lets start with a story.

In the 1980s recession, one of my seniors who was about to ORD took leave to attend an job interview. He was a poly graduate. A few days later he received the job offer but instead of looking happy, he had this frown on his face. "I can't believe it but the pay is $400 a month!", he said. Before the recession, people with his qualifications were paid $750 a month. He took the job anyway because he couldn't get another one. At that time, it was possible for a single person to live on $400 a month. The moral of the story is there is almost always a job available when you are willing to accept any pay. If you're willing to work for free, send me a mail and I'll get you a job and you don't have to be unemployed. It is completely meaningless to talk about employment level alone without talking about wages. When you compare the umemployment rate of a country with minimum wages with one without a minimum wage, you're not comparing apples to apples.

The minimum wage in the US depends on where you live but the average is US$7 per hour. If a person works full time, say 8-6pm every weekday, the month salary is US$1400 or S$2000.

The bottom 10 lowest paying jobs in Singapore are:

Lowest paid jobs*

1. Office cleaner $600
2. Manufacturing labourer and related worker $760
3. Kitchen assistant $991
4. Plastic product machine operator $994
5. Hospital attendant $1,000
6. Travel agency and related clerk $1,016
7. Waiter $1,080
8. Pre-primary education teachers $1,100
9. Lorry attendant $1,102
10. Pest exterminator $1,106
* Based on median starting salary ...data from The New Paper.

See Obama has a more difficult task creating jobs in his economy because of the minimum wage - he has to create jobs that pay better than the minimum wage. All our leaders need to do to get the unemployment rate down is to tell the people not to be 'fussy' about salary. In other words, you can say Singaporeans always have employment as it is just a matter of accepting whatever pay that is offered.

However, what good is a job if you do make enough to feed your family? If our economic system is equitable, a person working full time should be able to raise a family, afford a home have and all the basic necessities. When you have people working full time and not able to make ends meet, you have poverty. To make sure people are paid decent salaries, many developed countries set a minimum wage.
380px-Wage_labour_svg.png

The frequently cited problem with a minimum wage is that it will result in higher unemployment. The above graph illustrates the problem. The way to keep unemployment from becoming higher is to make sure your equilibrium point is close to the minimum wage. Govts can do this by having a robust economy with well paying jobs and making sure the cost of living is contained. With massive imported labor, the Singapore govt has caused the supply curve of labor to shift to the right. This moved our equilibrium point further down from where our minimum wage is. Also, the cost of living increase over the years means our minimum wage has been going up....moving further form the equilibrium point.

The reason why the PAP govt does not set a minimum wage is simple. Unemployment will escalate if they do that. What this means is a large number of Singaporeans are employed at wages way below what they need to live decently. We see this from the stats - 20% of the population make something like $1300 or less.

Being able to establish and enforce a minimum wage says a lot about a govt. If they have created a system in which people who work full time jobs can make a decent salary, setting a minimum will not be problematic. If a govt creates an economy that is dependent on cheap labor and cannot keep the cost of living down because of its other interests, it will never be able to set a minimum wage without creating problems for itself.

Hong Kong aims to introduce a minimum wage by early 2011 [Link]. South Korea already has mimum wage [Link]...so does Japan[Link]...so does Taiwan[Link]...and all developed western countries.

But Singapore? The govt has created a system in which we can never establish a minimum wage....because of the sheer number of people working at income levels that are so low relative to cost of living....a natural consequence of our large income gap.

Next time someone tells you things are better in Singapore because unemployment rate (among residents) is low remember that is only half the story.

Thoughts of a contented Singaporean who has lived in Singapore for 40 years.
</td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
th_1-3.jpg

You are LYING! All my ministers and scholar directors have minimum wages! And they can afford to go to $50k French cooking classes with no ploblem! *chey*

Singapore's World Records
On this small island lives the 30 best-paid politicians in the world, comments a blogger. MySingaporeNews.
Apr 3, 2009
As the economic crisis worsens and thousands are being retrenched, the huge salaries of Singapore's political leaders have come under the spotlight not only here - but overseas.
With G20 leaders gathering in London to work out solutions to the global crisis, the Times compiled a list of "the 10 best-paid politicians in the world" - naturally with Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong taking the top spot.
The story was picked up by The Australia, which also works out their salaries when ranked against population.
Mr Lee earns S$3.76 million (US$2.47 million) a year, excluding bonuses, allowances, pensions, etc which add on a significant bit.
This is about 54 cents per head of population. In second position was his counterpart from New Zealand at 9 cents. The rest of the world are all down there, below even the lowest-ranking minister in Singapore.
But Singaporean blogger redbean's "My Singapore News" carries a calculation from its reader, Green Peas, expanding on the UK and Australian reports.
It pointed out that the world's 30 best-paid politicians (a definition that will include ministers, elected president, etc) are all from Singapore.
Here's what the blogger says:
The TOP 30 highest paid politicians in the world are all from Singapore:
1. Elected President SR Nathan - S$3.9 million.
2. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong - S$3.8 million.
3. Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew - S$3.5 million.
4. Senior Minister Goh Chok Thong - S$3.5 million.
5. Senior Minister Prof Jayakumar - S$3.2 million.
6. DPM & Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng - S$2.9 million.
7. DPM & Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean - $2.9 million
8. Foreign Affairs Minister George Yeo - S$2.8 million.
9. National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan - S$2.7 million.
10. PMO Miniser Lim Boon Heng - S$2.7 million.
11. Trade and Industry Minister Lim Hng Kiang - S$2.7 million.
12. PMO Minister Lim Swee Say - S$2.6 million.
13. Environment Minister & Muslim Affairs Minister Dr Yaccob Ibrahim - S$2.6 million.
14. Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan - S$2.6 million.

15. Finance Minister S Tharman - S$2.6 million.
16. Education Minister & 2nd Minister for Defence Dr Ng Eng Hen - S$2.6 million.
17. Community Development Youth and Sports Minister - Dr Vivian Balakrishnan - S$2.5 million.
18. Transport Minister & 2nd Minister for Foreign Affairs Raymond Lim Siang Kiat - S$2.5 million.
19. Law Minister & 2nd Minister for Home Affairs K Shanmugam - S$2.4 million.
20. Manpower Minister Gan Kim Yong - S$2.2 million.
21. PMO Minister Lim Hwee Hwa - S$2.2 million.
22. Acting ICA Minister - Lui Tuck Yew - S$2.0 million.
23 to 30 = Senior Ministers of State and Ministers of State - each getting between S$1.8 million to S$1.5 million.
Note: 1. The above pay does not include MP allowances, pensions and other sources of income such as Directorship, Chairmnship, Advisory, Consultancy, etc to Gov-linked and gov-related organisations or foreign MNCs such as Citigroup, etc.
2. Though it is based on an estimate, the data cannot be far off the official salary scales.
The above was posted in redbeanforum by Green Peas.
(London Times report: http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/mon...the-world.html)
http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/...icians-in.html

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon me for being selfish. But the 66.6% is not worth saving and they won't be thankful.

Yes, I agree with you.

Not too long ago, I asked an 50+ auntie what she thought of the MIW when they are raping S'poreans financially.

Her answer "What to do ah...without Pappies S'pore sure die ah...die die must vote them"

I have since been looking around the cross section of crowd when I am out, looking at their social behavior, looking at their pathetic-ness, and I have to agree that most S'poreans dont need help.

They just need to be SCREWED time and time again by the MIWs.
......cos they are already Brain dead

....plus, if u were the MIW, would u not do the same things?

One were to be a fool not to take advantage of brain dead S'poreans

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you. Good article! Keep it up!

You are boring and stupid. Probably ugly, unemployed and have no girlfriend too hahaha. So shut the fuck up dude. You can't change your country's politics, you and the useless garbage poster you suck the tiny yellow dick of, because you are all equal losers.:wink:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not when i am around. 5 stars.:biggrin:

So the goal is to hope that you die younger and die before me right?

This thread will NEVER be 5 stars don't worry. I won't allow freak accidents (including you) to pervert justice by overrating an extremely boring and senseless article.

Sucks to be a social rubbish like you too ~ :smile::smile::smile:

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the majority voted for PAP for this kind of pay.

no wonder some people find it boring becos the voters love this kind of pay.

The voters must be happy..... cannot get jealous of PAP baboons getting high minimum pay.

If voters want higher pay, they should show the feeling at the polls.

Next time we hear voters complain about low pay, tell them they vote for it. Please spread the words

The bottom 10 lowest paying jobs in Singapore are:

Lowest paid jobs*

1. Office cleaner $600
2. Manufacturing labourer and related worker $760
3. Kitchen assistant $991
4. Plastic product machine operator $994
5. Hospital attendant $1,000
6. Travel agency and related clerk $1,016
7. Waiter $1,080
8. Pre-primary education teachers $1,100
9. Lorry attendant $1,102
10. Pest exterminator $1,106