• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Look Out for Silver Blue SBT 1175T

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 06 Sep 2009
Car with Class 1 Handicapped Car Park Label: Driver is not handicapped at all

car_with_class_1_handicapped_car_park_label-thumbnail.jpg

This apparently fit and healthy driver was spotted by STOMPer MystiKaL carrying a heavy bag from his vehicle, parked in a handicap lot. His vehicle bears a Class 1 handicapped driver car park label.

STOMPer MystiKaL observes:

"I could not help but notice that this driver parks regularly in this handicap lot. His car displays a Class 1 handicapped driver car park label.

"According to http://www.cel.sg/Contents/Downloads/Car_Park_Label_Scheme_FAQ.pdf the basic requisite for someone to have a Class 1 handicapped driver parking label is as follows:

"'Q: Who can apply for the Car Park Labels for the Handicapped?
A: Drivers with physical disability or mobility constraints can apply for the Class 1 Label. Caregivers who regularly ferry passengers with physical disability or mobility constraints can apply for the Class 2 Label. Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs) can also apply for the Class 2 Label for their vehicles, which are used to ferry persons with physical disability or mobility constraints.'

"'Q: What are the eligibility criteria?
A: To be eligible, the applicant or co-applicant (for Class 2 Label) must be certified by a medical doctor as having a physical disability and require the use of mobility aid such as wheelchair, crutches, walking frame, calipers, etc or have mobility constraints, such as balancing and inability to bend knees fully, thus requiring a wider space to get in and out of the vehicle.'

"Here are some pictures I took of the driver of this vehicle. He doesn't seem to fit the requisite eligibility according to above. He seems perfectly able to move around and can be seen carrying a heavy bag from his vehicle as well.

"Should I do nothing even though the driver exhibiting any signs of a handicap might mean he is possibly abusing a Class 1 car park label?

"Or should I report him to the authorities instead?"

Click on thumbnails for larger image

Keywords: handicap , parking

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, if u have a handicapped sibling or parents or child, you are qualified to apply for a handicap car label. It could be one of his aged parents, or a child.

U

UpYoz_olo

Maybe he is just blind.

Wah, technology in Sg has finally arrived ahFully automated voice-activated Batmobile ah. :biggrin:

I better program my car-control to recognise zi reg no and siam ten traffic lights away :biggrin:

:oIo::oIo: