• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

long term investment, why lost billions?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is absurd! the gabramen boasted that their cranky investments were meant for long term. but in shit times, we read about 2billion plus losses with fully disposal of BANK OF AMERICA.

so what else have they lied to us?:oIo:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is absurd! the gabramen boasted that their cranky investments were meant for long term. but in shit times, we read about 2billion plus losses with fully disposal of BANK OF AMERICA.

U must understand what does 'long term investment' means to you and Temasek.

For us Singaporeans, long term investments means at least 5 years investments to make profit.

For Temasek, long term investments means within 1 year must make profit, if not must cut loss no matter what.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

almost every other thing they lie to us stupid sinkiesss esp the 66%

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
but of late, they don't seem to be able to hide their little foxy tails. some of their current revelations simply contradict their earlier braggings.

examples:

GOLDEN PERIOD...and the world economy slumps!

SWISS STANDARDS....amd highly educated n qualified professionals gotta be taxi drivers and ll irrelevant jobs.

LONG TERM INVESTMENT ....sold all BOA shares and accrued an eye popper more than 2billions losses

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
May 15, 2009
Temasek sells BOA stake

By Alvin Foo

Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings has divested its entire state in Bank of America. -- ST PHOTO: TAN SUAN ANN

SINGAPORE'S state-owned investment vehicle Temasek Holdings said today that it has sold its entire stake in the Bank of America.
A Temasek spokesman said: 'We have divested our shares in Bank of America.'

The Straits Times understands the sale was done via a series of transactions in the first quarter of this year.

Temasek declined to reveal the average price it got for its 188.8 million shares, but preliminary estimates put the potential loss at a whopping US$4.26 billion.

Temasek had paid about US$5.9 billion for a 13.7 per cent stake in Merrill Lynch since December 2007, which was converted into Bank of America stock following the completion of the acquisition. This gave it a stake of some 188.8 million Bank of America shares, or about 3.8 per cent.

Reuters cited a source briefed on the deal saying that the shares were sold for between US$2.53 and US$14.81 in the first quarter.

Based on a Reuters calculation which assumed an average price of US$8.67, Temasek may have suffered a loss of about US$4.26 billion.

Temasek's net portfolio value dropped 31 per cent between March 31 and Nov 30 last year, from $185 billion to $127 billion.

long term or speculative like any average speculators?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How long is consider long term investment? For me 5~10 years consider long term investment. Anything more than 10 years is consider hope/dream. Temasek lost more than $100billion already in less than 1 year. So Temasick statement long term invstment 20 years= lost and only can hope/dream money can be recovered over that period of time. If added 3~5% interest/inflation for 20 years the money will be tripple the amnount now.
So is bullshit from Ho Ching and all those make long term investment statement. All are try to hide their mistake and brainwash all the stupid peasant or the 66.6%.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek declined to reveal the average price it got for its 188.8 million shares, but preliminary estimates put the potential loss at a whopping US$4.26 billion.

still bettter than my parents investing on me, i think i deserved to be struck by lightning:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/chanmeiseet/LTS-lightning.jpg

so who is chanmeiseet who dedicated so much time n effort just to appease her/his resentment on my li'l brother LEETAHSAR?

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/chanmeiseet/?start=0