• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LOL ... TC member cannot write Chinese

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the Heartlands
Posted on 27 Mar, 2009 10:10
So many errors in this town council flyer

getMediumSizePhoto.do

34-year-old insurance agent Jimmy spotted this notice at the void deck of Block 708 Bedok Reservoir Road and was amused by the number of errors on it.

The STOMPer sent an MMS to STOMP of the notice which he snapped yesterday (Mar 26).

“The notice was put up at the end of February, so it have been around for about a month.

“Every day when I walk pass it, there seem to be more corrections made on that notice.

“It is hilarious because I think people have been adding them.

“But I also think that it is quite atrocious for the town council people to make such mistakes.”

getArticlePhoto.do

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL!! Hilarious!

Town Council's reply: Speak Mandarin Campaign ... Not Write Chinese Campaign!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now we know why MM spends so much time telling us to stop tokking dialects !

I bet they used some cheapskate translation software - or worse, they ask nearby primary school kids to do translation as part of their CCA? Come think of it, I think a primary school kid's Chinese can be better than this.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most likely written by an ANG MOH..lah!, what do one expect?, SPEAK MANDARIN ( sounds horrible, with many rude words), and write lousy Chinese...kudos to our Education system ( world;s best)

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
must be from an "elite" who can pronounce the words but do not bother to learn the spelling. in old school days, must cane his/her buttocks for the mistakes.

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can understand the occasional typo, but some of the mistakes are really bad.

"Proof" got translated as "real name"????

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mistakes are mainly choosing wrong characters with the same pinyin. Looks like he was drafting the notice using his handphone :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
must be from an "elite" who can pronounce the words but do not bother to learn the spelling. in old school days, must cane his/her buttocks for the mistakes.

and draw a chalk circle, stand in that circle, hands criss-crossed, pulling the ears do a 100 times, sitting down & standing up...:p

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aljunied Town Council in charge of that area of Bedok Reservoir are full of rubbish people!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
these kind of TC staff are those dumb dumb ones that cannot master 2 languages much less to know any dialects,,,,,

basically, these TC people are the targer audience of the Old Fart,,,,, Old Fart must be having too many stupid monolingual english speaking staff in his TC,,,,,,

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those old uncle and auntie who kpkb here, chinese is a difficult language to learn but easy to master whereas english is a easier language to learn but very difficult to master. if you learn 5000 chinese character you can understand a fair bit about chinese culture. but for english even if you knows 10,000 words you still have a long way to go.
Somes times learn english can drive you a wall.

e.g Have you eaten : 你吃了吗
I have eaten 我吃了
I am eating 我在吃
I ate 我吃了

you may notice the variations of the english and chinese, chinese language is very concise whereas english language have to many variations.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
very soon, GIC, TH, TC gonna hire more PRCs as PRO or GRO to do liaison & correspondence for their motherland negotiation & matters.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those old uncle and auntie who kpkb here, chinese is a difficult language to learn but easy to master whereas english is a easier language to learn but very difficult to master. if you learn 5000 chinese character you can understand a fair bit about chinese culture. but for english even if you knows 10,000 words you still have a long way to go.
Somes times learn english can drive you a wall.

e.g Have you eaten : 你吃了吗
I have eaten 我吃了
I am eating 我在吃
I ate 我吃了

you may notice the variations of the english and chinese, chinese language is very concise whereas english language have to many variations.

Yet the majority of ppl here probably speak english better.