• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Locals can be good service staff too

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been reading many Shitty Times articles on how polite PRC service staff are and how locals are poor in service.

Well....this evening, i was the recipient of excellent customer service from an Indian male cashier who works at the pump station near my area. One example of good service does not mean anything, but it does give us hope that locals can too be good service ambassadors. It is in the mind of the individual.

When i step into the petrol kiosk convenience store, i was greeted immediately by the cashier who stopped packing some boxes halfway and greeted me warmly with a smile. When i asked about a promotion for drinks, he walked over to the fridge and helpfully pointed out which are the ones on sale and which ain't.

When i was about to pay for the items, he reminded me that one drink was not on promotion and i replied that it was ok. I think it is great that he reminds the customers before keying in the order.

After i had paid up, he gave me my change and thanked me with a smile.

Very simple courteous acts but i am impressed becos there is no incentive (e.g. no service charge or tips) for him to be courteous and yet he did.

So if u ask me whether PRCs deserve the jobs of our locals, i will say.... IT DEPENDS. Not based on race, religion, place of work....but dependent on the individual's positivity. :o

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been reading many Shitty Times articles on how polite PRC service staff are and how locals are poor in service.

Wah.. you know its SHIT & you still read huh? :eek:
With this topic you are likely to draw beshitted here but maybe not. :rolleyes::biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah.. you know its SHIT & you still read huh? :eek:
With this topic you are likely to draw beshitted here but maybe not. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Beshitted is probably busy with his fav one-liners in his supposedly self-owned 'restaurant'....

"Sir your BIG MAC will be ready in 5 mins!"

"Sir you wan some fries to go along?"

Last edited:

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beshitted is probably busy with his fav one-liners in his supposedly self-owned 'restaurant'....

"Sir your BIG MAC will be ready in 5 mins!"

"Sir you wan some fries to go along?"

Hello Sir, can u use the fonts that u normally use? :rolleyes::biggrin::p

ahbohthen

Alfrescian
Loyal
When times are bad and you need the job badly, the attitude will also change in order to compete in this rat race.:wink:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not the nationality.
It's the upbringing.

true, do you agree that singaporeans prefer to be served?

than to serve others?

like many want maids to do all the housework in their own homes, instead of doing it themselves?

jw5

Loyal
true, do you agree that singaporeans prefer to be served?

than to serve others?

like many want maids to do all the housework in their own homes, instead of doing it themselves?
No, it's not the nationality, it's the upbringing.
Some Singaporeans have maids.
Some do their own housework.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Very simple courteous acts but i am impressed becos there is no incentive (e.g. no service charge or tips) for him to be courteous and yet he did. ...
his pay is his incentif ...

a lot of ppl 4got dat dey r paid a salary 2 do their work ...

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, it's not the nationality, it's the upbringing.
Some Singaporeans have maids.
Some do their own housework.

it's very common to see a maid tagging along every sgplian family....

like we have extended family or what...

the only different is some treat their maid like servants..very appalling with poor social graces....:mad: