• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Loansharks attack Mediacorp

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actor Yao Wenlong harassed by loansharks
Posted: 13 August 2009 1213 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

Yao Wenlong (photo: Mediacorptv.sg)

SINGAPORE : MediaCorp actor Yao Wenlong is being harassed by loansharks after his brother went into hiding after failing to repay his loan.

Yao said his younger brother, Yao Wenfeng, took a six-figure loan from the money lenders, and now they are after him to settle the debts.

Apart from the money owed to loansharks, the Malaysia-born actor revealed that he had also lent his brother a six-figure sum. In total, Wenfeng owes some S$100,000 in loans.

In an interview with a Singapore daily, Yao said he and his mother are very disappointed with his brother's actions and hope he will return home to explain the matter after reading media reports.

Yao and his family are currently staying near Johor Bahru's city centre and his 70-year-old mother is often home alone. To prevent further harassment by loansharks, the actor said he has filed a report with the police.

"The loansharks will come knocking on my door, demanding that I pay up," he said.

"I have told them that my brother has gone missing but they still come. They must think we are hiding him that's why they refuse to give up, so I have no choice but to make a police report to show that I really cannot find him. If the loansharks return, I will get the police to nab them."

- CNA/il

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who don't know who is he...

Yao Wenlong (a.k.a. San Yow), a Malaysian Johor born Singapore actor, came into the local television scene after winning Star Search 1993 organised by MediaCorp Channel 8. Within a year, he won the Most Popular Newcomer award in Star Awards 1994 and the Best Supporting Actor award in Star Awards 2001 for his role in drama Looking for Stars. Besides television dramas, he appeared in the sitcom, My Genie. He is the main actor in the 80 episode long Kinship series, starring alongside Jesseca Liu, Elvin Ng, Cynthia Koh and Xiang Yun.

yaowenlong_yidao.jpg

A FT!

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For those who don't know who is he...

Yao Wenlong (a.k.a. San Yow), a Malaysian Johor born Singapore actor, came into the local television scene after winning Star Search 1993 organised by MediaCorp Channel 8. Within a year, he won the Most Popular Newcomer award in Star Awards 1994 and the Best Supporting Actor award in Star Awards 2001 for his role in drama Looking for Stars. Besides television dramas, he appeared in the sitcom, My Genie. He is the main actor in the 80 episode long Kinship series, starring alongside Jesseca Liu, Elvin Ng, Cynthia Koh and Xiang Yun.

yaowenlong_yidao.jpg

A FT!

jiu hoo kia

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont understand what they are saying, if he took a six figure loan from the sharks and another six figure loan from his brother, how come in total, Wenfeng owes some S$100,000 in loans??? shud be $200k ??? -

Yao said his younger brother, Yao Wenfeng, took a six-figure loan from the money lenders, and now they are after him to settle the debts.

Apart from the money owed to loansharks, the Malaysia-born actor revealed that he had also lent his brother a six-figure sum. In total, Wenfeng owes some S$100,000 in loans.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont understand what they are saying, if he took a six figure loan from the sharks and another six figure loan from his brother, how come in total, Wenfeng owes some S$100,000 in loans??? shud be $200k ??? -

He lend his bro a six-figure sum, doesn't mean his bro will use it to pay debts leh.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Yao and his family are currently staying near Johor Bahru's city centre and his 70-year-old mother is often home alone.<<<

Earned SGD and spent in RM like a king thingy again?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>Yao and his family are currently staying near Johor Bahru's city centre and his 70-year-old mother is often home alone.<<<

Earned SGD and spent in RM like a king thingy again?

He has to cross the sardine packed crossway everyday leh. U wan huh?!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must say this guy is a versatile actor and one of the better chaps we have in this acting-talent dearth place. Old man, mad butcher etc.