• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY says we are Not A Nation Yet!! WTF

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This lau Fucker is really getting senile. Why he go an make this kind of comments? Is he trying to scare away foreign investors? This moron has been in power for 50 years and still "we're in transition?" Unbelievable. I just want to make these comments on this article

1) I feel more patriotic and felt a closer sense of nationhood in the 70s than I do today. Today, I feel like I have been invaded by FTs, and in some parts, I feel like I am a foreingner in my own country. We have taken a step back in this sense. the sense of closeness and uniquesness as a singaporean is not there anymore.

2) I feel that if the PAP has not acheive nation hood or a successful nation building by now, than why are they getting paid the money they are, than why are they still in power? Move over and let someone else give it a try.

3) This comment about JI planting a bomb in a MRT station is a joke. The only reason that the JI is interested in this little red dot is because there is no where else in the whole of Asia where, thanks to the PAP, u can find such a concentration of US and Israeli military personnel in one small island. Not to mention the many US and Israeli commercial interests. If Kon You did not sell his backside to the US and suck jewish cock, the JI could not be bothered.

4)Obviously, Kon You has not walked among the plebians in a while, or he will notice that we do not speak English here. Its a form of pidgin english. Singlish is a not easy to understand if you have grown up in a real english speaking country like the UK or the US. The intonations, slangs, mix of other languages does not make this a real english speaking country in my opinion. In fact, I think HKers speak better english because they don't have a mix of other languages thrown in.

MM Lee says Singapore needs to do more to achieve nationhood
By Valarie Tan, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 18 July 2009 2257 hrs

MM Lee says Singapore needs to do more to achieve nationhood

SINGAPORE: Despite achieving harmony amongst all races in Singapore, Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew said on Saturday that the country is still a work-in-progress when it comes to nationhood.

"Are we a nation yet? I will not say we are. We're in transition," he said at the Orange Ribbon Celebrations which centres on racial harmony.

The minister mentor reminded audiences that cohesiveness was not achieved overnight in Singapore.

"Will we always progress? Provided we know where we are and what we have to do to get there, we can easily regress," he warned. "All you need is to have the JI (plant) a bomb or an explosion at an MRT station."

The JI or Jemaah Islamiyah terrorist group is among the chief suspects behind Friday's bomb attacks on luxury hotels in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Mr Lee said leaders in Singapore will have to continue to work closely with grassroots to achieve the goal of nationhood.

"Please remember this is an ideal which we may not completely reach, but because we have this ideal, we'll continue to make progress," he said.

On new citizens, Mr Lee is confident that Singapore's education system, where English is the main language, will help assimilate the young ones into society.

"That is the nature of our system, we can 'culturalise' them. We can 'Singaporeanise' their habits, their values. We won't force them to change their religion," the minister mentor said.

Mr Lee added that it may take Singapore another 44 years to become a nation, but once the country gets there, it will have a better society.

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once LKY is gone, we will become a nation. It will not take 44 years. When you have a paranoid, myopic, arrogant person who worked for the enemy to achieve his personal goals, you will not get anywhere. Also, LKY is not fit to talk about nationhood as he never saw nor ran Singapore like a nation. All the news reports he has made point to that. The fact that he suggest a re-merger back to Malaysia shows he is unfit to be a leader of nation.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Once LKY is gone, we will become a nation. It will not take 44 years. When you have a paranoid, myopic, arrogant person who worked for the enemy to achieve his personal goals, you will not get anywhere. Also, LKY is not fit to talk about nationhood as he never saw nor ran Singapore like a nation. All the news reports he has made point to that. The fact that he suggest a re-merger back to Malaysia shows he is unfit to be a leader of nation.

Yeah, this is true, he ran S'pore like his personal piggy bank.

limpeh2

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF!?
If the ancient relic believes that SG is not a nation, then why the f-ck are Singas paying LKY & cronies million dollar salaries to run one?!?

Should demand a f-ckin' refund! The western nations these scums're pouring S$ dollars into for their angmo-cock loving children, properties & "investments", are already wealthy enough. No need more help.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
We're still in transition to become HIS nation... dun worry, we'll become a nation once we crown him forever-lasting emperor.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget Traitor, No self respect nation will allow Traitors to run the country, over here we have 2.

Worldclass

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY has no vision of a NATION.

His PM son, why never come out to speak against his Dad?

This concluded Both has no vision of a NATION.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
We're still in transition to become HIS nation... dun worry, we'll become a nation once we crown him forever-lasting emperor.

Yes we are still in transition to become his nation .

Once we able to invite another 500,000 foreign talents into Singapore .