• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY Himself Must Clarify

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since he has opened the can of worms himself, he should be given the time to explain what it is that he really wants when he says 'less strict'.

I think the Muslims in Singapore are open to suggestions that are workable and constructive.

Saying something vague like 'less strict' does not do anyone any good. Instead it confuses, detracts and divides the argument.

LKY should be more specific. Give us examples and situations where Muslims can be less strict.

Please do this ASAP to point out where the Muslims can improve.

Otherwise Muslims will just see this as another one of those LKY exercises where hre uses the MMC bogeyman again and plucks and generates Islamophobe out of his imagination.

Now lets begin. WHAT IS IT YOU WANT THE MUSLIMS TO DO?

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every election night, when the votes are announced, it's the malay fatty auntie and her kids that are waving the singapore flag when it's announced that PAP has won.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since he has opened the can of worms himself, he should be given the time to explain what it is that he really wants when he says 'less strict'.

I think the Muslims in Singapore are open to suggestions that are workable and constructive.

Saying something vague like 'less strict' does not do anyone any good. Instead it confuses, detracts and divides the argument.

LKY should be more specific. Give us examples and situations where Muslims can be less strict.

Otherwise Muslims will just see this as another one of those LKY exercises where hre uses the MMC bogeyman again and plucks and generates Islamophobe out of his imagination.

Tell the Malay community and AMP not to take LKY's words to heart. When LKY tells the Malay to be less strict and integrate; what he is really saying is he wants the Malay to be more like the Chinese - compliant, mindless and cowardly serfs.

In retrospect, LKY's comments against the Malay are nothing compared to those of our opposition. Take a look at my signature. Spoil your vote and deny the regime change Ah Beng. Believe me they are alot worse than LKY.

-

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets indulge him this time. After all he has not much left.

If he wants to be seriously be candid, now is the moment.

GIVE MUSLIMS REAL LIFE EXAMPLES

But my wishful thinking will lead to much disappointment. He will remain silent.

Either because he fears stoking the flames higher, which means he cannot speak candidly, which means, he is of not much value nowadays.

Or, he really cannot find valid examples and ways, in which Muslims here have not already been practising, to show how to be less strict. Which indirectly means he is trying to be naughty.

In fact I would like to open it to all Singaporeans to tell Muslims how to be less strict without compromising basic Islamic tenets?

So far I have not even come across a single suggestion.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

MM LKY wants the Muslims to vote for him(PAP) ,thts is the easy part,not only that,he wants to make use of Muslims to make the non muslims to vote for him!!!This is more difficult

With his brilliance & support cast,he sure can manage one!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell the Malay community and AMP not to take LKY's words to heart. When LKY tells the Malay to be less strict and integrate; what he is really saying is he wants the Malay to be more like the Chinese - compliant, mindless and cowardly serfs.

In retrospect, LKY's comments against the Malay are nothing compared to those of our opposition. Take a look at my signature. Spoil your vote and deny the regime change Ah Beng. Believe me they are alot worse than LKY.
-

What's wrong with being more like Chinese? U have a problem with studying hard, getting a good job and taking care of family? Or u prefer strumming a guitar, making delivery rounds on your Honda motorbike? Haha

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

-
Wow,you sure know MM LKY so well.

But to me ,MM LKY is just telling BS.dont you think?

U the mother of all opposition parties hater!

"Absolutely. This guy(MM LKY) has an agenda behind every speech, comment and word that he expresses. If you look hard enough, you will find it."-Scroobal

tampines

Alfrescian
Loyal

-

Hullo brother yellow,

I sincerely believe you are a racist Malay.
WHY are you nitpicking with people like GMS on the issue of dysfunctional Malay families??? Afterall, even PAP Malay MPs readily admit that there are many issues confronting the Malays that resulted in Malays being economically and academically disadvantaged when compared with Chinese and Indians. Please refer to all the newspaper articles over the past many years and you will know that the PAP Malays are the first ones to say that the problems faced by the Malays are due to their broken families!!

IF YOU ARE FUCKING ANGRY, THEN YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING ANGRY WITH YOUR PAP MALAY MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT FOR DOING FUCKING NOTHING TO HELP THE MALAYS IN SINGAPORE.

IHAVE EVERY CONFIDENCE THAT THE MALAYS IN THE OPPOSITION PARTIES, IF THEY COME INTO POWER, CAN DO A FAR, FAR BETTER JOB IN HELPING THE MALAY FAMILIES THAN THOSE FUCKING PAP MALAYS WHO ARE JUST MERE FLOWER VASES.

85 y.o.Fart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Old Fart is living on a hour by hour borrowed time. Old Fart may collapse and die straight away and he is going to leave shits to Sinkies to worry about.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM LKY wants the Muslims to vote for him(PAP) ,thts is the easy part,not only that,he wants to make use of Muslims to make the non muslims to vote for him!!!This is more difficult

With his brilliance & support cast,he sure can manage one!

If he wanted the votes back, it would have been so easy. A few affarmative action policies for the minorities could do the trick.

But still, how does all these be construed as being less strict?

Damn. Till now not a single suggestion? Looks like the Muslims here has fully integrated, unlike what some old man trying to falsely portray.

I remain hopeful.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he wanted the votes back, it would have been so easy. A few affarmative action policies for the minorities could do the trick.

But still, how does all these be construed as being less strict?

Damn. Till now not a single suggestion? Looks like the Muslims here has fully integrated, unlike what some old man trying to falsely portray.

I remain hopeful.

It depends on what the followers want to be believe and what the power the government is willing to give to the religious authorities. Muslims are allowed to drink alcohol in public in Singapore, but not in Malaysia or elsewhere. Even in Malaysia there're differences, Islamic laws aren't really enforced in public in Sabah, Sarawak and Penang, heavy-handedly enforced in Kelantan and Terrenggu with the other state somewhere in between.

In Singapore, the ultimate hold and threat by Islamic authority over Muslims is excommunication and ostracisation. I've personally seen some cases before when the ex-Muslim don't give two hoods about it. In the more conservative states in Malaysia, they were given powers to incarceration and corporal punishments before excommunication. Excommunication is rarely exercised there as they want to keep the Muslim subject to their laws and powers without option to recourse.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends on what the followers want to be believe and what the power the government is willing to give to the religious authorities. Muslims are allowed to drink alcohol in public in Singapore, but not in Malaysia or elsewhere. Even in Malaysia there're differences, Islamic laws aren't really enforced in public in Sabah, Sarawak and Penang, heavy-handedly enforced in Kelantan and Terrenggu with the other state somewhere in between.

In Singapore, the ultimate hold and threat by Islamic authority over Muslims is excommunication and ostracisation. I've personally seen some cases before when the ex-Muslim don't give two hoods about it. In the more conservative states in Malaysia, they were given powers to incarceration and corporal punishments before excommunication. Excommunication is rarely exercised there as they want to keep the Muslim subject to their laws and powers without option to recourse.

Going by your example above, we don't have Sharia (thats what they're called) Laws enforced here and neither do I personally want it.

So some old man still insist we are strict? By this logic we are already very very moderate Muslims.

Maybe he has other ideas to make it 'less strict'. But tell us what are they? You guys' silence is deafening.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
u shud have said less 'sensitive'.

dont scream jihad on every small matter.

You meant he should have used 'sensitive' instead of 'less strict'?

Well let me tell you something. After years of listening and watching that old man speak, make no mistake, he meant what he said.

Wrong choice of words? No way. That coming from the best god-damned English man this side of Suez? The guys from RI!

That guy who topped the Singapore Cambridge Exams?

That guys who got First Class in Law at university?

The same articulate lawyer who managed to get a murderer off the noose?

That man who help negotiate independence from the powerful Brits?

And not last, that guy who grew up speaking English?

Again, wrong choice of words? You're just making up excuses for him.

Only he knows what he wanted to say and employed the words he chose.

I'm not trying to be uptight here but since candid is the word of the moment, lets have all of it then. Muslims are not a deaf bunch. They're willing to listen on where they can improve.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
He already said it was the hard truth. What is there to clarify?
Yaacob already clarified for him.

At the end of the day, Malays will still vote for PAP. That is the
hard truth.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not this time buddy.
malays will avoid PAP lie roast pork.
After all, they have lost their kampung land, which were acquired to build HDB flats.
this statement by LKY is like a slap on the face.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not this time buddy.
malays will avoid PAP lie roast pork.
After all, they have lost their kampung land, which were acquired to build HDB flats.
this statement by LKY is like a slap on the face.

Don't be too sure. They lost their kampong land decades ago. Still, it is PAP.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHY are you nitpicking with people like GMS on the issue of dysfunctional Malay families???

LKY said muslims should integrate and be less strict and his was a book about hard truths. As inaccurate as this may be it wasn't as tasteless and downright racist as GMS's minorities come from dysfunctional families. You tell me which is a far worse? And this wasn't the first time GMS has made downright racist comments about Malay or the minority citizen either.

Does GMS at least have the decency to show some repentance and apologise? I guess not.

_

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
U the mother of all opposition parties hater!

You got that wrong. It should be the mother of all charlatan and comformist (kowtow) opposition party hater.

You are a daft Ah Beng,that is for sure. Perhaps you fall in the segment that approves of the PAP style of govt but want some token opposition, in the vain hopes the PAP will start listening to the silent majorities demand with the loss of a few seats or even a GRC. Keep dreaming dreamer.

Last edited:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with being more like Chinese? U have a problem with studying hard, getting a good job and taking care of family? Or u prefer strumming a guitar, making delivery rounds on your Honda motorbike? Haha

Perhaps the Chinese should be more like the Malay. Learn to relax and live a little. Be gracious as well.

What's the point of all that kiasu kiasi attitude and that degree with a useless attitude when FTs are taking away your jobs?