• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY fall off his seat

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Kin Lian eyes elected presidency
Sun, Nov 23, 2008
The Straits Times

By Nur Dianah Suhaimi

He has become a familiar face addressing the crowds of investors at Speakers' Corner.

Standing before Singaporeans and asking for their votes at an election could well be next on the agenda for Mr Tan Kin Lian.

The 60-year-old former chief executive officer of NTUC Income told The Sunday Times he is considering standing as Singapore's next elected president or contesting in the next general election as an independent candidate.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The 60-year-old former chief executive officer of NTUC Income told The Sunday Times he is considering standing as Singapore's next elected president or contesting in the next general election as an independent candidate.

So that is the ulterior motive. Geess..sinkies never change.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope TKL will elected as President of Singapore so can do check and balance rather than one seat in Parliment.,

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
as long as the system of governance & rule of law doesnt change. TKL becoming the next president will automatically convert him into another marionette.

prataman retire, he take over the stall at istana, n become kopi-kia.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm happy for him if he runs. He's qualified, well spoken and has fought well for his fellow citizens in the months since he has retired.

And because anyone has to be part of the PAP essentially to rise up to be NTUC CEO- a bit like what was like in Iraq when Saddam was in power- I'm pretty realistic that its hard to find a non-PAP guy. In the end, solutions are to be called for, and thus realism is needed. TKL may not be a perfect candidate, but we shouldn't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

TKL should have the broader electorate support, and he'd be an excellent candidate for the presidency, for all of us. I hope we can put our differences aside as we continue to know him better and then try to support him as much as we can.

Because if Singapore continues under the status quo, with the WWII generation of leaders still in charge, and not having a real vision of the future, then this country will suffer for it, and future generations will suffer from it.

This is no ordinary time. This would be no ordinary Presidential election for all of us. Its, perhaps, our last best chance to make a difference. Let us not miss that chance.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why president? if tkl is genuinely interesed to care for the poor,the needy and the ignorant, he should have his own party - Obama Party - or The Change Party - and then take over the running of the country.

he is so smart and so intelligent. he can be our next pm.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
why president? if tkl is genuinely interesed to care for the poor,the needy and the ignorant, he should have his own party - Obama Party - or The Change Party - and then take over the running of the country.

There's a bigger chance of winning the presidency and making a bigger impact than running for PM. To win the PM seat in a Westminster Parliamentary system often takes more than 20 years, and he's already 60.

I don't know if I'm right about his intentions, but if my above hypnosis has somehow struck the target, I think he knows that its the later generations who will find that someone to be suitable as a future PM, and not he himself.

He is a temporary torch bearer holding it for the new generation; he wants the new generation to succeed the baby boomers.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

TKL doesn't have the substance to be president. The moment you hear him speak, his credibility goes down the drain. Next is his face, he makes me puke each time I see him on media. He is definitely not a good presenter. Compare to our prataman, yes the indian accent is horrendous but he speaks with conviction and confidence. TKL may be smart and intelligent, but that is as far as it goes.

On a political front, TKL will never stand a chance elections. If he did, the PAP dogs would have seconded him earlier. He is like a discarded piece of rubbish trying to make a come back. With the recent financial issues, he is just launching himself to prominence.

As the usual saying goes; never ever trust a insurance agent as they can charm and lie at their best.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL doesn't have the substance to be president. The moment you hear him speak, his credibility goes down the drain. Next is his face, he makes me puke each time I see him on media. He is definitely not a good presenter. Compare to our prataman, yes the indian accent is horrendous but he speaks with conviction and confidence. TKL may be smart and intelligent, but that is as far as it goes.

On a political front, TKL will never stand a chance elections. If he did, the PAP dogs would have seconded him earlier. He is like a discarded piece of rubbish trying to make a come back. With the recent financial issues, he is just launching himself to prominence.

As the usual saying goes; never ever trust a insurance agent as they can charm and lie at their best.

The way to prove it is in the election then. If the people are not disenfranchised, and allowed to vote freely and fairly between a LKY man, or TKL, and then decided on the former, not the latter, then the choice of the people should be respected.

I'm inclined to see what TLK says and demonstrate what he can do. Let us hear him out, and if most of us think he's got a lot of room for improvement, then I hope he heeds us out. If not I think its just unfair if we just put him out without even listening to him first.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does our PRATA man has the substance to become a President ? or he is just a puppet for PAP ?

I will vote for any one other then From PAP , any time , any where !

Too much propaganda shit falling from PAP is no good for your health !

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why must a person always form a so call political PARTY in order to fight for welfare for singaporean ? Can't he be like TKL speaking up for the masses when MAS and LKY think that the investor went in with their eyes OPEN ?

I just cannot understand this logic , mooted by of COURSE PAP ! Are you one of the PAP Mole ?

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does our PRATA man has the substance to become a President ? or he is just a puppet for PAP ?

I will vote for any one other then From PAP , any time , any where !

Too much propaganda shit falling from PAP is no good for your health !

Our prata flipper is more media presentable for a puppet; that's how it works in reality. The last candidate (Andrew something) that contested with him failed big time. To be the main puppet of the state, he/she must have the right stuff or substance that the people can accept. The late Wee Kim Wee was a good example of a good President, people respect and loved him.

I agree voting other than a PAP stooge is a better option but by and large none have that Presidential stature to content with. None has outshine any PAP stooge candidate in the Presidential Elections.

TKL may try for the next Presidential Election, but the people of Singapore will still won't get to vote for him anyway. Its an election that the people will not be involved but the government.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I just cannot understand this logic , mooted by of COURSE PAP ! Are you one of the PAP Mole ?

mole what? mole your head lah! everybody who does not agree with you is a mole! so many moles on your head become cancers lah. don't be a mole head lah! don't anyhow mole people here okay. ask sam to infract you than you know. mole your own head lah!

what's wrong with forming a political party? want to fight, fight lor.nobody is stopping you. have more tkls and more uncleyaps...the more the better...more wayangs for everybody...mole...mole your head lah! chay!!!

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our prata flipper is more media presentable for a puppet; that's how it works in reality. The last candidate (Andrew something) that contested with him failed big time. To be the main puppet of the state, he/she must have the right stuff or substance that the people can accept. The late Wee Kim Wee was a good example of a good President, people respect and loved him.

I agree voting other than a PAP stooge is a better option but by and large none have that Presidential stature to content with. None has outshine any PAP stooge candidate in the Presidential Elections.

TKL may try for the next Presidential Election, but the people of Singapore will still won't get to vote for him anyway. Its an election that the people will not be involved but the government.

Let us give him some momentum first. Until we truly fail, we cannot say we fail just because we never tried.