• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LIONEL DE SOUZA strikes again

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_IMAGES_01BOUQUET_8.jpg

Men In White

'A book every Singaporean should read.'

MR LIONEL DE SOUZA: 'I refer to last Saturday's report, 'The making of Men In White', in conjunction with the launch of the book, Men In White: The Untold Story Of Singapore's Ruling Political Party. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of the book before its launch. My congratulations to Mr Cheong Yip Seng, the former editor-in-chief of Singapore Press Holdings' English and Malay Newspapers Division; Mr Han Fook Kwang, editor of The Straits Times; and the book's writers, Mr Sonny Yap, Mr Richard Lim and Mr Leong Weng Kam; as well as others who made its publication possible. The book was history rewritten for me. It is a book that every Singaporean, especially the post-65ers, should read. I suggest that it be part of the history text for schools. I found the events reported in the book to be unbiased and fair. Victors and vanquished were interviewed. They were given every opportunity to say their piece and they have done so willingly.'

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor Indians are sent around the world to make life miserable for everyone since their life is a complete mess .

-observer

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pariah indian looking for every opportunity to suck up to LKY.

Won't be surprised that this pa-riah cannie will be in one of the GRC team, for the next 'erection'..together with the ex-income chief....watch the horizon!!:rolleyes:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
HUNGRY GHOST FESTIVAL CELEBRATIONS
Inappropriate for getai artistes to dress scantily
September 02, 2009

THE story 'We strip to this only if we don't see...' (The New Paper, yesterday) was rather inappropriate.

The seventh month Hungry Ghost festival is celebrated in the belief that it appeases and gives an atmosphere of jocundity to the good brethren.

I don't see why getai thespians and emcees should be scantily dressed, to the point of showing cleavage.

I don't believe that the good brethren in the netherworld would appreciate such sordid entertainment.

The tawdry entertainment is more for the live audience to ogle and feast their eyes on scantily dressed female getai artistes.

Since getai shows are staged in public areas, the conduct and attire of some of the female entertainers would inevitably corrupt the morals of the young and innocent.

The police should not hesitate to prosecute the offenders under Section 20 of the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act, (Chapter 184) for behaving in an indecent manner in public.

FROM READER LIONEL DE SOUZA

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't mess with PI Lionel balls:eek::rolleyes::biggrin:

Police give Getai organisers verbal warning for indecent exposure
Channel NewsAsia - Wednesday, September 2SINGAPORE : The singing—and—dancing Getai fever during the month—long Hungry Ghost season is back.

But this year, police have issued organisers of the show a verbal reminder against any indecent exposure.

More singers from overseas are flocking here for the month—long festival, and some are not shy about showing some skin.

After each performance, some singers strip down to bikini wear. They said such acts were part of their agreement, but this has left some members of the public feeling uneasy.

However, organisers and performers have since made a public apology for the inappropriate outfits.

Under the Public Entertainments and Meetings Act, anyone caught violating the rules could be fined up to S$10,000. — CNA /ls

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i always believed untold stories refers to the secrets and dirty linens nobody wants to talk about....and finally let it all out....

if untold stories are merely repeating what the public expects to know....that's not really interesting at all....

so how anybody read the book yet? francis seow's books are more like untold stories...the local media dared not print...

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under the Public Entertainments and Meetings Act, anyone caught violating the rules could be fined up to S$10,000. — CNA /ls

i think if they can collect 90 grand from the show, a tip of 10K to the police is sap sap sway...:biggrin:

oh shit, isn't this legalized corruption?