• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lim Swee Say: CPF won't be cut for NOW, but for the future..

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry, Singaporeans, CPF won't be cut for NOW, okay ?

“CPF cuts is a last-resort measure to keep business costs down. Any talk about CPF cuts at this moment is way too premature because there are 1,001 things we can do to prepare ourselves, to strengthen ourselves to ride through this crisis.”

- NTUC Chief Lim Swee Say, 10 November 2008

“I know my CPF money won’t run away……”

- NTUC Chief Lim Swee Say, 13 October 2008

Dear Mr Lim, we know our CPF will never run away because it is now in the government’s hands ! And your assurance that CPF won’t be cut for NOW isn’t really very reassuring. Does it mean that if the situation worsens in the next few months, this option may be considered as a last resort after all ?

Watch the video here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/10/lim-swee-say-cpf-wont-be-cut-for-now-but-for-the-future/

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

“CPF cuts is a last-resort measure to keep business costs down. Any talk about CPF cuts at this moment is way too premature because there are 1,001 things we can do to prepare ourselves, to strengthen ourselves to ride through this crisis.”

Dear Mr Lim, we know our CPF will never run away because it is now in the government’s hands ! And your assurance that CPF won’t be cut for NOW isn’t really very reassuring. Does it mean that if the situation worsens in the next few months, this option may be considered as a last resort after all ?

Watch the video here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/10/lim-swee-say-cpf-wont-be-cut-for-now-but-for-the-future/

The writing is on the wall, if the situation gets worse. CPF cut will come into play. Bite the bullet huh.......

VeryWise

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I think it will also help to reassure the citizens that the ministers also understand the hardship we are going through by cutting their salaries too. If not, I simply do not see how they can feel what an average Singaporean is suffering.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably companies will start to test their flexi-wage level first. If this is not enough, CPF cut will be on the table.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
now that times are bad,companies will probably asking for cuts.
one way to keep companies staying put here.
good for the companies,bad for us. our money in the cpf is already shrinking.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Watch the video here:

He did not cry, when he said that?,, oh! I forgot, he cries only for FT's like the China Mei Mei!:p

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there is cut, I pity all those new HDB owners how they have to re-finance
their mortgage.

Don't be surprised during the refinancing, the banks will valuate the HDB flat at a lower value, hence the refinancing will be with a lower loan quantum, which is even worse.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
u migrate lor.
Migrate straight away get ur money liao.

:biggrin: :p :biggrin:
throw pink IC & 'the little red book' also can't guarantee take back 100% of the CPF. i heard its case to case basis, not always in lumpsum, and heard the return the OA & SA, the MS is retained.

don't know how much is true?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't need to help companies lower costs by cutting CPF.. they are already doing their own "cut" - retrenchments! :mad:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
If CPF gets cut AGAIN, shouldn't the minimum sum be cut also? Because the projection made by the scholars no longer hold true!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there is cut, I pity all those new HDB owners how they have to re-finance
their mortgage.

Peasants can't take out money from CPF. There must be other reasons ....

PAP is against any CPF cuts for selfish reasons lah. Its Madam Ho's piggy bank & must be quite empty now ....:rolleyes:

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's useless to whine here when come 2011 you vote for them.
Simply remember the things they could have done but did not when you put your mark down.
As for me I am prepared to vote any other monkeys that stand in my constituency.