• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lim Shit Say: SAF rob me of my dream job

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Lim Shit Say: SAF rob me of my dream job</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">12:03 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>10942.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Victim, survivor or winner?

THE current recession will throw up three types of young graduates, said labour chief Lim Swee Say yesterday.
They are: victims who cannot adapt to new jobs, survivors who work simply for the pay, and winners who give of their best in any job.
Citing himself, Mr Lim told new graduates at a job fair that his dream job was to be a mathematics professor. But the SAF scholarship he took did not allow him to pursue his dream.
'I said, well, my dream job is not available to me. I will find a second dream, which turned out to be more rewarding.'
He spent eight years in the Defence Ministry, seven at the National Computer Board, five at the Economic Development Board, nearly three in the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) and four in the Environment Ministry. In 2007, he became the NTUC's secretary-general.
In all these, he said he gave his 'very best', noting: 'When you take on your challenges wholeheartedly, one door will lead to another and you will never know where life would take you to.'
Noting there may be fewer jobs and lower pay, he encouraged young graduates to seize existing opportunities. He cautioned them against being fussy, as they could end up as jobless 'victims'. Those keen only to secure the highest starting pay would be 'survivors', he said, unlikely to do exceptionally well as their heart is not in the job. And when the slump is over, they would leave to find another job. 'They have not wasted the one to two years, but they have not turned the one to two years to their maximum benefit,' he added.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
is he accusing saf or blaming himself? or just for the fun of talking? after all, he has lived a good life. why complain? why curse those organisations which provide him with all his luxuries??????????

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
HE forgot one more type of winner. THose who leave sinkieland and then has a posh life oversea.