• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Light Penalty Cos Culprits Are Elites?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>May 3, 2009
YOUR LETTERS
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Penalty not heavy enough
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->In the report, 'Cars race in the streets at night, but it's not F1', it was stated that those who modify their vehicles illegally can be fined $1,000 or jailed for three months.
The fine is too low. These owners can afford hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy and modify their cars for illegal racing, which can endanger road users.
Jimmy Ng

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>May 3, 2009
YOUR LETTERS
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Illegal racing a menace in Sengkang
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I refer to the report last Sunday, 'Cars race in the streets at night, but it's not F1'.
Such illegal racing also takes place right in front of my housing block in Anchorvale Lane in Sengkang. Many a night, my young son has been awakened by the loud noise generated by the modified cars driven by these racers.
The races usually take place along Sengkang East Way connecting to Sengkang West Way, as well as Anchorvale Street connecting to Fernvale Street.
We have reported such incidents to the Traffic Police. Each time, the operator manning the hotline would inform us that police patrol cars would be dispatched to check, but so far, we have not seen any improvement.
The illegal racers continue to have their fun, with their cars making a lot of noise and posing a danger to other road users.
During one of our feedback sessions with the Traffic Police, the operator even asked us for the vehicle numbers of the racing cars.
Did the operator think that such cars moved so slowly that we in our own car could get a glimpse of their licence plates?
We have suggested that the authorities install speed cameras or speed humps along the affected roads if there is a problem with manpower.
However, there has been no reply. We hope the authorities will take serious action before innocent lives are lost as a result of such illegal racing.
David Tan

Wong_Kan_Seng.jpg

Kwa si mi lan cheow? U think I so flee to reply letters ah? Need to watch over CSJ and co. 24 x 7 ok? *chey*