• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Life!

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
its late at nite and im pondering over my whole life.

been jobless for a few months now and ridden with housing loan, PUB bills,
and pressure from all walks. i've only 10 dollars in my wallet now.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are many jobs like restaurant/coffeshop help

assuming you are not disabled, you can start daily rated immediately while you look for something else

don't sit down and moan and avoid your responsibilities

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
its late at nite and im pondering over my whole life.

been jobless for a few months now and ridden with housing loan, PUB bills,
and pressure from all walks. i've only 10 dollars in my wallet now.

Its not the end, take it easy. I know its easier said than done but i have been there. Getting a job right now is never easy but send more resumes. I once had a friend who boasted to me that he sent out 300 resumes a month yet never got a job. I asked him, so how about the following month? No answer.

I told him this, i sent out over 500 to almost a thousand resumes a month, applying for anything that was relevant to my job. I even cold called and mailed my resume to HR departments directly. I searched the internet, checked on all newspapers, asked contacts and sent out resumes daily. My family saw me going to post office every single day, i have a wife, children and my parents to feed and i can't sit idle while everyone is hungry. I can go hungry but i sure as hell won't let my family suffer. Family is my driving force.

Throughout my years in my career, i have never been out for more than a month because of my efforts. If an idiot could do it like me, so can you. Its very hard but pull yourself together, the faster you can get a job, the faster you can get back on your feet. View that as the solution, of course you can always look at starting your own business but that would require a credit source.

Send out more resumes and do some part time or short term jobs that pays your bills. At least you will be able to meet the minimum and survive in the interim. You can always call PUB to ask them to help defer for a month but always give them an indication by when can they expect payment.

Housing loan wise, if its with banks, you can call them to delay a bit. Renegotiate the terms of interest/refinance to make sure most of your payment goes into repaying the principal amount and not just the interest.

Look on the bright side, all the troubles you face now, 10 years from now, you will probably look back and laugh at them.

I sincerely hope you recover from your financial woes and find happiness.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not the end, take it easy. I know its easier said than done but i have been there. Getting a job right now is never easy but send more resumes. I once had a friend who boasted to me that he sent out 300 resumes a month yet never got a job. I asked him, so how about the following month? No answer.

I told him this, i sent out over 500 to almost a thousand resumes a month, applying for anything that was relevant to my job. I even cold called and mailed my resume to HR departments directly. I searched the internet, checked on all newspapers, asked contacts and sent out resumes daily. My family saw me going to post office every single day, i have a wife, children and my parents to feed and i can't sit idle while everyone is hungry. I can go hungry but i sure as hell won't let my family suffer. Family is my driving force.

Throughout my years in my career, i have never been out for more than a month because of my efforts. If an idiot could do it like me, so can you. Its very hard but pull yourself together, the faster you can get a job, the faster you can get back on your feet. View that as the solution, of course you can always look at starting your own business but that would require a credit source.

Send out more resumes and do some part time or short term jobs that pays your bills. At least you will be able to meet the minimum and survive in the interim. You can always call PUB to ask them to help defer for a month but always give them an indication by when can they expect payment.

Housing loan wise, if its with banks, you can call them to delay a bit. Renegotiate the terms of interest/refinance to make sure most of your payment goes into repaying the principal amount and not just the interest.

Look on the bright side, all the troubles you face now, 10 years from now, you will probably look back and laugh at them.

I sincerely hope you recover from your financial woes and find happiness.
this is a very encouraging post. Never give up, especially if you got mouths to feed at home.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is a very encouraging post. Never give up, especially if you got mouths to feed at home.

Yes that was certainly encouraging. Don't give up.

On the political front, I would ask the PAP:

1. Who pays for the travelling expenses of going to interviews. I had a friend who was unable to attend job interviews because he ran out of money for the expensive public transport.

2. If people who have low paying jobs have difficulty making ends meet, what is the purpose of encouraging people to work?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes that was certainly encouraging. Don't give up.

On the political front, I would ask the PAP:

1. Who pays for the travelling expenses of going to interviews. I had a friend who was unable to attend job interviews because he ran out of money for the expensive public transport.

2. If people who have low paying jobs have difficulty making ends meet, what is the purpose of encouraging people to work?

Hi sir, i don't have much money but if your friend really don't even have money to go for interviews, i would be glad to help sponsor a bit as a fellow Singaporean.

Disclaimer: I am sorry but this offer only applies to Singaporeans in need. The FTs are able to get here on their own, they are in better shape than us as they have a hinterland to retire to. We have nothing but the deep blue sea.