• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Left in a fix by ERP parking in HDB estates

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Left in a fix by ERP parking in HDB estates
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->INCREASINGLY, carparks in HDB estates have been fitted with Electronic Road Pricing parking systems, which should mean more convenience. These systems, however, are not problem-free.
I had one such experience at the carpark in front of Block 23, Bendemeer Road, managed by Sembcorp.
It was free parking on a Sunday, but the gantry did not go up when I arrived, even though there were six clearly vacant parking spaces. Thinking it was a technical problem, I pressed a button to speak to a Sembcorp officer.
Her reply: The empty spaces were reserved for cars with season parking tickets, and I would have to wait for a car with hourly parking to exit.
I was confused. None of the lots was marked in red for season parking, and no cars would be able to enter because I was first in line.
I was told brusquely to reverse onto the main road to let season parking vehicles through. But this was impossible as there were six cars behind me. Reversing onto the main road would be a violation of traffic rules, and was I supposed to check which car in the line was eligible for season parking?
The officer said she had 'a man in the area' and I asked that he take a look at the situation. She agreed, but no one turned up after half an hour.
This experience left me wondering why there is no standardised way to manage carparks. Are different companies allowed to decide on their own carpark rules and regulations?
Wong Ying Wuen (Miss)

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
once the gantry did not go up when
i am well within the grace period.
Talk to them and somehow they
can lift the gantry and let me out.

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was free parking on a Sunday, but the gantry did not go up when I arrived, even though there were six clearly vacant parking spaces. Thinking it was a technical problem, I pressed a button to speak to a Sembcorp officer.
Her reply: The empty spaces were reserved for cars with season parking tickets, and I would have to wait for a car with hourly parking to exit.
I was confused. None of the lots was marked in red for season parking, and no cars would be able to enter because I was first in line.

Wong Ying Wuen (Miss)

Sometimes I really wonder about the common sense of those complainers :rolleyes:

Does Ms Wong thinks that the number of red-lots are allocated exactly based on the exact number of season-parking holders?:confused: How the hell is HDB going to do that kind of painting & repainting every month so as to match the exact number of season parking holder??

Even if it exact to match, does she knows that every system have tolerance range to prevent mishaps?? (meaning +/- few lots)