• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lazy thug chooses prison over community work

O

Okuni

Lazy thug chooses prison over community work 'because he doesn't like getting out of bed'

Last updated at 8:26 AM on 3rd November 2010

article-1326109-0BE0F974000005DC-774_233x445.jpg

Kurtis Nilsson has been jailed for five months - after he told a judge he would rather spend time in prison than do community work

A lazy thug has been jailed for five months - after he told a judge he would rather spend time in prison than do community work. Kurtis Nilsson, 18, was given 100 hours unpaid work in September and a six-month suspended prison sentence for headbutting a man. But he twice failed to turn up and repeatedly tampered with his electronic tag when he broke his 8pm curfew.

He was then hauled back into court where Recorder Nicholas Syfret QC asked him: 'Would you rather go to prison than get out of bed and do unpaid work?' Nilsson replied: 'It's not that I want to go to prison it's just that I don't want to do unpaid work.' Mr Syfret told him: 'It's extraordinary that any young man could be so short of motivation that they are not prepared to attend unpaid work, and would rather spend time in prison.

'Regrettably you have left the court with no choice and as a result the suspended sentence will be activated.' Coventry Crown Court heard Nilsson was originally sentenced on September 3 after he attacked a man at a nightclub in May. He was given a six-month prison sentence suspended for a year, a 12-month supervision and ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and 60 days on a specified activity.

He was also fitted with an electronic tag and ordered to comply with an 8pm-6am curfew for 16 weeks. But the court heard he failed to turn up for work or comply with the supervision requirements on September 10 and 29, and tampered with his ankle tag on October 2 and October 21. Richard Murray, defending, said Nilsson, who had no previous convictions, suffered from a 'lack of motivation'.

He added: 'He does not wish to waste any more of the court's time or resources on this. 'He does not feel he will be able to complete the order and wants to take the punishment on the chin.' Before his court appearance on Monday Nilsson bragged about his lack of respect for the court in a series of messages on Facebook. Nilsson calls himself 'The Most Locked Up Man In The Skydome' - in reference to Coventry's main nightspot.

In one message he posted: 'Got put on tag n that for headbutting some geezer a few months ago down town n iv breached my tag like 4 times n breached my c.s and probation as well so im back in court friday n gettin re-sentanced.' In another he boasted about ignoring the curfew and damaging his tag. He wrote: 'I was probly ment to be in at 8 n didnt get in till whatever time... ended up cuttin my tag off when i got home aswell haha.'