• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lay-offs- is government doing anything ?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - LAY-OFFS- IS GOVERNMENT DOING ANYTHING ?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">chorut <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Oct-30 10:08 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 6) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>1975.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>In the face of possible wide retrenchments and layoffs in financial institutions, engineering and IT multi-nationals etc ..What is the government doing to protect locals from UNFAIR DISMALS AND LAYOFFS???????
Time is right for MOM to give employers especially foreign employers
1) clear directives that they must justify keeping foreign employees and making locals redundant.
2)Also the MOM should ask employers to provide adequate redundancy compensation.
Many mutinationals are hit at HQ levels in the US or UK - whilst the local Asian business entity is still doing well. what do they do?
They transfer those affected in the US or UK offices to the Asian cities instead of retrenching or making them redundant - so the local entity has to support them as well!
Then when push comes to shaft - the locals are given the exit at a later stage!
MOM must do something to protect locals!

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 10/31/2008 1:10 am by chorut</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. You eat ur own or ur family money. U pay money for upgrade to do cleener job. Public service call u lazy at the same time and take big fat pay from taxpayer money.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm very sure they are "monitoring the situation".
Don't worry, NO ONE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND. They
promised that in 2006, and people believed them.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many jobs at our shipyards waiting to be filled. However, I do believe that Sinkees are too pampered to apply !!

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you still remembered these word ?

"Lay off is good for our econmy, if the is no lay off (retrenchement) then i will be very worry!"

I already tell you people long time ago, dont say we are not concern or drawing million dollars pay but Jia Liao Be

jw5

Loyal

"Lay off is good for our econmy, if the is no lay off (retrenchement) then i will be very worry!"

I already tell you people long time ago, dont say we are not concern or drawing million dollars pay but Jia Liao Be
Don't ask them to do anything, otherwise they may require another huge pay increase.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah loong said already, u die u business. The only one can save you is yourself. Get it