• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LATEST: Singapore Company Blamed by Americans...Wah Lau..Airplane Safety Compromised?

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LATEST: Singapore Company Blamed by Americans...Wah Lau..Airplane Safety Compromi

This is serious. I am going to forward this to my Canadian MP and Minister of Transportation to watch out for similiar practices by the Singapore AeroSpace.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LATEST: Singapore Company Blamed by Americans...Wah Lau..Airplane Safety Compromi

Must watch the whole video and listen carefully. Guaranteed wont appear in our local news.

Someone please upload video clip for me to this thread. Thanks!

http://www.wfaa.com/video/?nvid=376361&shu=1

The American airline industry is going to the dogs. They are becoming more and more lax in their safety standards at the expense of profit-making.

Even the old American veteran who landed the plane perfectly and saved all the passengers spoke out against them.

Air travel is something to be taken with serious consideration from now on.

saf_ranger

Alfrescian
Loyal

i comfirm this wont comeout from our Tv...this FT give us nothing but endless problem..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This is serious. I am going to forward this to my Canadian MP and Minister of Transportation to watch out for similiar practices by the Singapore AeroSpace.

I second that. Tell them to avoid sinkies as much as possible. From my experience, once your life is out of sinkies, it will be happy , good and prosperous, last but not least, peace and intelligence will be seen and felt in you.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

i comfirm this wont comeout from our Tv...this FT give us nothing but endless problem..

I think you meant to say "These FTs cause us nothing but endless problem..."

But look deeper its not the FTs per se. Who let them in?

Its our GARMENT.

Our GARMENT is now causing themselves HUGE problems which even they cannot solve liao.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Enuff said.
This chao regime is cheapo to the core.
They can hire any tom,dick and harry from any where and who doesn't even understand english.
Don't have cert, experience or skills never mind, As long as they can monkey see, monkey do can liao.
Don't have to look at US, just look here locally and you can see liao.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal

The mindless pursuit of profits through lowering of wage cost at the expense of quality will eventually lead to substandard quality and the downfall of the companies. For some industries, someone's lives may be at stake for poor quality products or services.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal

But on the other hand, the chao AngMoh are in no way better than the chao Garmen. They have been overfed for too long. Time to get rid of these fatty residue so that they will not clot up the economy system.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

But on the other hand, the chao AngMoh are in no way better than the chao Garmen. They have been overfed for too long. Time to get rid of these fatty residue so that they will not clot up the economy system.

Go see the picture I sent to you.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

but on the other hand, the chao angmoh are in no way better than the chao garmen. They have been overfed for too long. Time to get rid of these fatty residue so that they will not clot up the economy system.

welcome to the greed of capitalist system! :d

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

<table id="msgUN" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td id="msgUNsubj" valign="top"> Heat On STAerospace Over FW In US</td><td id="msgunetc" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
icon.aspx
Subscribe </td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgbfr1" width="1%">
</td><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgF" align="right" width="1%" nowrap="nowrap">From: </td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">SingaporeNewsAlternative.blogspot.com (snablogspot) <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" align="right" width="30%" nowrap="nowrap">10:40 am </td></tr><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" align="right" width="1%" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">ALL <nobr></nobr></td><td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (1 of 2) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td class="msgleft" rowspan="4" width="1%">
</td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">16750.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr><tr><td class="msgtxt">Heat On ST Aerospace Building Up Over Foreign Workers In US Unit http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/immigration/1396
Thenewamerican.com, 10 Jul 2009, Alex Newman

Unqualified Immigrants Fixing American Planes?

Calls to investigate the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) are growing after media outlets revealed that immigrants with inadequate certifications may be working on American airplanes. In many cases, according to reports, mechanics who don’t even speak English are replacing qualified American workers.

"We just have to bring them before Congress and ask them what they're doing,” said Texas Rep. Ted Poe of Houston. “I will ask Congressman Oberstar of the Aviation Committee to hold hearings with the FAA regarding this whole situation."

WFAA-TV in Dallas and Fort Worth exposed the problems with an investigation in early July. “Reporters found that aliens are being brought into the country so that they can be paid less than American workers,” the TV station noted on its website. The investigation also charged that the immigrants' experience and credentials may be in question. Quoting insiders, the station claims “the companies that are importing the mechanics are so eager to save money, they’re overstating their qualifications. The result may be a threat to safety, abetted by lax enforcement of immigration law.”

The foreign mechanics working at San Antonio International Airport were mostly here on temporary permits called TN visas, a provision of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) designed to allow licensed professionals to work in other countries. Citing documents obtained from Mexican mechanics, the report found that many were not licensed anywhere, though they may have attended airplane repair school in Mexico. Other workers came from places like the Philippines, Chile, and a variety of other Asian and Latin American countries.

"The more experienced mechanics, we would get paired up with either one or two of these guys,” said a former mechanic with San Antonio Aerospace who was laid off. “They would watch us for a month or so. And that’s how they would get their training.” According to a former administrator, as soon as the American employees were let go, the foreign workers would arrive.

"They’ve employed over 200 since I left,” alleged Jada Williams, a former employee of Aircraft Workers Worldwide. The contracting company provided workers for companies owned by Singapore Technologies (ST) Aerospace, the largest aircraft repair company in the world. "And I know we had over a hundred when I was in there, just in Mobile,” she added, referring to Mobile Aerospace Engineering in Alabama, which like San Antonio Aerospace is controlled by ST Aerospace.

But Chye Kiat Ang, the president of the Singapore-based company, defended the firms’ actions. “They are as good as any American worker,” he said, explaining that between 10 percent and 15 percent of the employees were immigrants. “No one is working in a situation where they are forced to accept a lower wage,” Ang noted, adding that the company had found it difficult to recruit qualified Americans, who are required to be certified by an FAA-approved company.

The foreign workers also defended the companies. One of the Mexicans working at the San Antonio airport explained that mechanics in Mexico learn in English using English manuals. Another, Ruben Ramirez, said, “I can prove my skills with my documents.” The director of quality for San Antonio Aerospace added that the workers were very skilled and professional.

A spokesperson for the FAA, which is in charge of regulating the industry and frequently inspects the San Antonio facility, said the firm is not currently under investigation. But a former employee at the company alleges that before inspectors arrived they were given a one-hour warning. “A lot of guys who were not able to read English, they would hide those guys or send them home for the evening," he said.

Many of the foreign workers apply for Social Security numbers under their visas and stay longer than they are allowed to — sometimes forever. NAFTA has created a myriad of problems and hazards for the United States, and this is simply another example. NAFTA should be abolished so the United States can set its own responsible policies. And if it turns out that unqualified mechanics are really fixing our planes, there should be severe consequences for those responsible.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I second that. Tell them to avoid sinkies as much as possible. From my experience, once your life is out of sinkies, it will be happy , good and prosperous, last but not least, peace and intelligence will be seen and felt in you.

Actually, its not sinkies that are to be avoided. The article says that ST aerospace is hiring unqualified MEXICAN wetbacks under the NAFTA agreement to work in the aerospace maintenance business. SO, u have to avoid wetbacks not sinkies.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually, its not sinkies that are to be avoided. The article says that ST aerospace is hiring unqualified MEXICAN wetbacks under the NAFTA agreement to work in the aerospace maintenance business. SO, u have to avoid wetbacks not sinkies.

Problem is with unscrupulous Spore GLCs who are hiring unqualified wetbacks or whatever. They might get away with such practises in Spore where Sporean lives don't matter much but not where they don't don't control the system.

How to trust Spore GLCs like SIA :eek:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Problem is with unscrupulous Spore GLCs who are hiring unqualified wetbacks or whatever. They might get away with such practises in Spore where Sporean lives don't matter much but not where they don't don't control the system.

How to trust Spore GLCs like SIA :eek:

Trust? Hmm hmm.

In God We Trust. All others pay cash.

Thank you many many.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't be fooled by angmoh trashtalkers

They are overpaid, overfed and obese and love to lecture other people

They can't do a decent day's work at decent wages and are always out to make trouble

Look at how angmoh bankers screwed the world (and 4,500 Pinkerton cocksucking fresh graduates here applied to work for Citibank this year - so our future is doomed)

Now these people meet with some competition and they cry for government help - bunch of weaklings who can't stand on their own two feet

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't be fooled by angmoh trashtalkers

They are overpaid, overfed and obese and love to lecture other people

Isn't Spore lucky to be blessed with the PAP. :eek:

At the top end we have Temasek squandering billions.
While at the low end we have GLCs hiring FT to displace locals.

LKY must be very proud of the Spore brand :rolleyes:

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Must watch the whole video and listen carefully. Guaranteed wont appear in our local news.

Someone please upload video clip for me to this thread. Thanks!

http://www.wfaa.com/video/?nvid=376361&shu=1

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKEqjfgxLCQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKEqjfgxLCQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>