• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

last night i had a severe BPPV attack in the middle of the night...

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
luckily got housemate around at home to assist me...it was very scary. i know I have BPPV condition since young but it was never so serious. usually recover with 30 seconds to at most 5mins. but last night BPPV attack was so serious that i even fell and thankfully housemate was around to assist me to bathroom to puke and brought me my BPPV medicine ...i never had such a serious BPPV attack before so i am actually concern and scared...

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
Distribution-of-BPPV-by-age-BPPV-benign-paroxysmal-positional-vertigo.png

my doctor did tell me as i age my BPPV condition will be more frequent especially in my silver years...but WTF, i am only in the 30-39 age group!!! damn scary last night....thank god housemate was home not travelling otherwise, i don't what will happen...

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
last night BPPV attack was so severe that it took almost an hour to resolve and in the midst was severe vomiting... i hope it wouldn't attack me again tonight...

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
we decided that we didn't want to watch the euros match final eng vs spain as it was at 3am. so went to sleep early in our respective rooms... then around 2.30am, i woke up wanting to go toilet to pee. the sudden fast movement from sleeping position to upright triggered the BPPV and everything was spinning to the right very fast...never had it so severe before...

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)

The insignificant nobody me is not a medical doctor, & thus only a professional doctor can assist you on the medication & steps that you alone can help to alleviate your situation based upon your own free will & diet choices...

All I can do to help is to share knowledge over health matters based upon experiences, with another fellow citizen, although in truth, I had never experienced such before, except during military life where some missions were to be completed, at all costs, although in reflection, it could had been better managed than to micro-manage every single detail, to learn to trust & delegate tasks to others, share workloads & common goals to achieve objectives, with better health & operations issues for all....

The Human body has an unique immune system, to protect the Human body & often only works effectively when one is at rest. It may be due to stress, often with work that keeps the MIND from full rest as one is using the body's other system to process thoughts & thus our immune system will not work effectively.

Also & equally, a BALANCE is needed to keep our immune system fully optimal - moderate exercises to burn off unnecessary fats, enough sleep & a healthy diet such as moderation in protein intake - white meats such as chicken, non fatty pork & avoid red meats such as beef or mutton as such takes a far longer time for the Human digestive system to process for necessary minerals to keep the body functioning...

The IMMEDIATE solution would be to KEEP CALM always, as ANY PANIC from the mind would INDUCE the heart to beat stronger before, a kinetic energy that would heat up & burn organs - Human cells would not survive high temperatures. It is a psychological issue that most ignore, but as one's life is at stake, no harm in trying it out or else be dead. Think of better thoughts - calm & peace, the waves of seas, blue skies, etc...

When nausea occurs, it is merely a trip to the toilet to let it all out. It would be better, as it may be in the food intake that had trigger the situation - a Human body reaction to adverse food intake, & once released, one will be able to have better rest.

Ultimately, as doctors advised - take 2 panadols & call him in the morning if the situation is not good, or go to an emergency medical 24/7 unit if med situation is not resolved...

All the best.

Last edited: