• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lao SPG Cheated of $12k By Taiwanese FT tony7407!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Virtual 'love' cost her $12,000
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>She thought she found the perfect match on an online dating site, but ended up the victim of a scam </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Jamie Ee Wen Wei
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_JECHEAT.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

This 37-year-old accounts executive fell in love with a 'Taiwanese' man she had met on international dating website match.com, and remitted money to him after he told her he had lost heavily in the recent stock market crash. -- ST PHOTO: ALBERT SIM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->She had gone on the Web to search for a life partner but his web of lies left her nearly $12,000 poorer.
Last Friday night, the 37-year-old accounts executive, who declined to be named, made a police report after she was cheated by a man she 'met' on international dating website match.com
<TABLE width=200 align=left valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD class=padr8><!-- Vodcast --><!-- Background Story --><STYLE type=text/css> #related .quote {background-color:#E7F7FF; padding:8px;margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;} #related .quote .headline {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px;font-weight:bold; border-bottom:3px double #007BFF; color:#036; text-transform:uppercase; padding-bottom:5px;} #related .quote .text {font-size:11px;color:#036;padding:5px 0px;} </STYLE>Too trusting 'I was too engrossed in the relationship, and I used my heart to think instead of my head. Things on the Internet can't be trusted. You must be 110 per cent on guard.'
A 37-YEAR OLD ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE, on the con man she met on a dating website

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The divorcee with three children told The Sunday Times yesterday she had put up her profile on match.com after hearing success stories from friends and colleagues.
She, too, thought she had found love when two months ago, the man, who went by the username tony7407 and who claimed to be Taiwanese, sent her an e-mail message.
They chatted online daily, occasionally calling each other over the phone too.
The man, claiming to be working in an investment company in Hong Kong, was 'caring and knowledgeable'.
'He said we had a future together and I believed him. He even said he was going to visit me in Singapore within the next two weeks,' she said.
Just as she began to let her guard down, he told her he had lost heavily in the recent stock market crash.
Now eager to help him, she invested $5,500 through a 'VIP account' of his client. He promised her it would 'definitely make money'.
Last Monday, he told her the stock market had rebounded, she had made a huge profit, and that his company would reinvest the profits.
Twenty-four hours later, more good news came: She had made a million dollars.
But to get her money, she had to remit $10,000 in administrative fees. Smooth as ever, when she said she did not have that sum, he said he would borrow it from friends.
Later that day, he claimed to have borrowed about half the money. He also said he would get into trouble if his company knew he had illegally used his client's account.
Not wanting to see her 'boyfriend' in trouble, the woman called her sister, who works in China, to remit $6,100 to him.
But the man failed to log in that afternoon, as he usually did. Now suspecting a scam, the woman called him on the phone. He denied receiving the money.
She then tried to get her sister to stop the fund transfer but it was too late.
Last Friday, she made a police report in Singapore and in Hong Kong but was told that her chances of getting the money back was slim.
'I was too engrossed in the relationship, and I used my heart to think instead of my head.'
She added: 'Things on the Internet can't be trusted. You must be 110 per cent on guard.'

=> Sounds like an avid Papaya supporter.[email protected]

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She, too, thought she had found love when two months ago, the man, who went by the username tony7407 and who claimed to be Taiwanese, sent her an e-mail message.

Hey, that is not me. I am not a Taiwan guy.

BTW, did she meet the guy in the first place before money comes into the picture.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The divorcee with three children told The Sunday Times yesterday she had put up her profile on match.com after hearing success stories from friends and colleagues.

She added: 'Things on the Internet can't be trusted. You must be 110 per cent on guard.'

But her friends has success stories. So does her frens need to be 110% on guard?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i want to see their msn log. i want to learn a thing or 2 from this fellow to make some cash

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some elite would probably give such solid advice:

She “must see her losses in perspective” and be “realistic in her expectation of recovering her losses.”

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No thanks to Li Ao, who let Taiwan know that Sinkies are stupid...

i.e. connable...if Sinkies are rich and stupid....so tempting...for consters.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Providing multiple defence when uncalled for sounds like guilt. Why so defensive ah? Better change your nick to Sinkie_Chat