• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KNN.. another bad experience in bus

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN.... i was in a bus about 8.30pm last night, the bus is packed, and the inspector came on board to check ezy-link card. he keep asking passengers to move in, very loud, is almost cursing passagers. i dont blame him, he is just doing his job. after he alight, i can still see him asking passangers to move back, and I'm sure is is cursing...

now... my question is, why should we move back and squeeze ourself ?? are we supposed to stand shoulders to shoulders ??

we are paid passengers, right ?? and we want to stand in comfort, right ?? anything wrong with that ? why must we squeeze ?

The bus service is operated by private company, they want to take more passagers, and bring in more revenues to the company and share holders. But, we are paid customers too, we have the rights to stand or sit in comfort too.. right ? why should we help the company to make more money ?

Do you guys share the same thoughts as me ??

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can ask to move back and make room for more passengers but there is also a law that only a certain number of passengers can be onboard. More then that and the bus company is breaking the law.

chingchong

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN.... i was in a bus about 8.30pm last night, the bus is packed, and the inspector came on board to check ezy-link card. he keep asking passengers to move in, very loud, is almost cursing passagers. i dont blame him, he is just doing his job. after he alight, i can still see him asking passangers to move back, and I'm sure is is cursing...

now... my question is, why should we move back and squeeze ourself ?? are we supposed to stand shoulders to shoulders ??

we are paid passengers, right ?? and we want to stand in comfort, right ?? anything wrong with that ? why must we squeeze ?

The bus service is operated by private company, they want to take more passagers, and bring in more revenues to the company and share holders. But, we are paid customers too, we have the rights to stand or sit in comfort too.. right ? why should we help the company to make more money ?

So you are waiting for your bus while running late for your appointment. Your bus arrives with all seats filled and a few people crowding the entrance. You are not able to board the bus due to this situation. You should just wait for the next bus based on the following points:

1. They should not move back and (potentially) squeeze
2. Are they supposed to stand shoulder-to-shoulder ?
3. They are paying passengers
4. They want to stand in comfort

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN.... i was in a bus about 8.30pm last night, the bus is packed, and the inspector came on board to check ezy-link card ...
... Do you guys share the same thoughts as me ??

do i share the same thots as u ? public transport is one of my pet peeves, as u can already tell by now ... & also a perennial bugbear among posters on internet forums as well as writers to newspaper forums ... why, almost every blinking week, there is a complaint letter to ST forum abt our so-called 'world class' public transport ... knn alright ! :mad:

some internet posters ask the ST editor not to publish these 'small matters' ... i urge the editor to continue to do so, so that those sleeping zombies (abt 66% of the popn) will wake up & smell the coffee, & join the rest of us to speak up for improvements !

SMRT shares definitely must buy ... what u lose out by being their commuter, u gain by being their shareholder ... :cool:

those at the top are obviously sleeping bcos the new buses - instead of having more seats for an increased popn, they have even fewer seats, ridiculous ! all buses now shd be either bendy bus or double-deck, the country is crowded like mad & everyone seems want to go the same place at the same time ... :confused: :mad:

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are waiting for your bus while running late for your appointment. Your bus arrives with all seats filled and a few people crowding the entrance. You are not able to board the bus due to this situation. You should just wait for the next bus based on the following points:

1. They should not move back and (potentially) squeeze
2. Are they supposed to stand shoulder-to-shoulder ?
3. They are paying passengers
4. They want to stand in comfort

Haha.. you are so right bro.

Sometimes people keep complaining about public buses and how fucked up it is. Saying "not enough bus", "frequency too low", "waiting time too long", "other cars don't let the bus filter out onto the road" etc.

But they do not ever stop to think that it is they themselves, the passengers, that fuck it all up and cause delays. Of course, the following type of passengers are all too familiar to us (and won't admit that they cause delays):

1. The passenger who starts to choose seats upon boarding the bus, then squeezing back past everyone when he/she realises that the best seat is the one he/she just passed by a few seconds ago.

2. The passenger who must wait for the bus to stop completely before getting up from the seat and moving towards the door.

3. The passenger who hides the ez-link card in some obscure location on himself (herself), and only starts fumbling when beside the exit wanting to disembark.

4. The passenger who presses the bell (or flags the bus) only a few metres away from the bus stop, forcing the driver to pull off a stunt to pull into the bus bay.

5. The passenger who flags the bus fucking far away from the bus, and when the driver opens the door, the passenger refuses to make an effort to do a quick jog over to board the bus. Instead, the passenger slowly sashays towards the bus.

6. The passenger who boards the bus with a friend, and this friend likes to sit near the entrance. The passenger also must stand right beside the friend.
(Don't ask me why, but this type of passenger usually always likes to carry a super big bag and place it on the ground beside the legs)

Disclaimer: Please don't flame me because the above writings are not directed personally at you. Unless you belong to one of the above types of passengers... in which I rest my case.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTA revised laws that private buses need to be equipped with restraints aka safety belts for the passengers ie: school buses. i'm curious y is there a double standard for public transportation, where commuters are allowed to stand?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why did you travel in a bus in the first place? You couldn't drive?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He can ask to move back and make room for more passengers but there is also a law that only a certain number of passengers can be onboard. More then that and the bus company is breaking the law.

Yes you are right there is max. passenger can be on the bus included standing on public bus. But the private bus no one allow to stand. LTA/TP should have fine those overload bus/company.

longlicky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. you are so right bro.

1. The passenger who starts to choose seats upon boarding the bus, then squeezing back past everyone when he/she realises that the best seat is the one he/she just passed by a few seconds ago.

2. The passenger who must wait for the bus to stop completely before getting up from the seat and moving towards the door.

3. The passenger who hides the ez-link card in some obscure location on himself (herself), and only starts fumbling when beside the exit wanting to disembark.

4. The passenger who presses the bell (or flags the bus) only a few metres away from the bus stop, forcing the driver to pull off a stunt to pull into the bus bay.

5. The passenger who flags the bus fucking far away from the bus, and when the driver opens the door, the passenger refuses to make an effort to do a quick jog over to board the bus. Instead, the passenger slowly sashays towards the bus.

6. The passenger who boards the bus with a friend, and this friend likes to sit near the entrance. The passenger also must stand right beside the friend.
(Don't ask me why, but this type of passenger usually always likes to carry a super big bag and place it on the ground beside the legs)

Disclaimer: Please don't flame me because the above writings are not directed personally at you. Unless you belong to one of the above types of passengers... in which I rest my case.

Dude. I add some more.
7. Bus is not pack. but he/her choose to stand at the exit and block others from alighting. WTF?! for your info, these people mostly stand at the exit till they alight and I am talking about 1-2 bus stop. its 5 stops and above!
8. Again. bus is not pack. he/she seated in front and choose to alight from the front. And best part is walk against the traffic flow towards their destination. dont they know they have wasted about 3-5 seconds? dumb!
9.When the driver wait for he/she. He/she still take one fucking sweet time to board the bus. I witness that every morning.
10. Bus not pack again. or even 1 or 2 standing. he/she with a little bag. choose to stand infront and place their bag at the raise area. Blocking others from boarding.
11. He/she want to have the max time to have the seat to themselves. So what they do is. place their belonging beside them. Only when they see the bus is getting pack. then they will remove the bag only when people open their golden mouth and ask for the seat.
12. Old old people. board the bus. in fromt got empty seat. dnt want. choose to go upper deck or back of bus and expect other to give up their seat. KNN!
13. Bedok interchange. go witness yourself in the morning like 7-715am. When a bus arrive. suddenly a school of school kid from no where start to board the bus without Q-ing.
14. more?

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pls stop complaining abt public transport...really...look wat happened when ppl were happily complaining abt availibility of taxis...i seriously dun wish to pay a 35% peak hour surcharge when i next board the bus or mrt. If they can't make supply to meet demand...they will make demand meet supply...

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls stop complaining abt public transport...really...look wat happened when ppl were happily complaining abt availibility of taxis...i seriously dun wish to pay a 35% peak hour surcharge when i next board the bus or mrt. If they can't make supply to meet demand...they will make demand meet supply...

SShhhhhh....... dun start giving them ideas :(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As long as you don't assault the bus inspector you can refuse to move & debate with the bus inspector :biggrin:

What can he do as long as you've paid your fare :confused:

He's got a busy schedule to meet your stop.
while you can take your time until you reach your destination.

There's more than one way Sporeans can resist the PAP SYSTEM. :rolleyes:

Addadude

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude. I add some more.
7. Bus is not pack. but he/her choose to stand at the exit and block others from alighting. WTF?! for your info, these people mostly stand at the exit till they alight and I am talking about 1-2 bus stop. its 5 stops and above!
8. Again. bus is not pack. he/she seated in front and choose to alight from the front. And best part is walk against the traffic flow towards their destination. dont they know they have wasted about 3-5 seconds? dumb!
9.When the driver wait for he/she. He/she still take one fucking sweet time to board the bus. I witness that every morning.
10. Bus not pack again. or even 1 or 2 standing. he/she with a little bag. choose to stand infront and place their bag at the raise area. Blocking others from boarding.
11. He/she want to have the max time to have the seat to themselves. So what they do is. place their belonging beside them. Only when they see the bus is getting pack. then they will remove the bag only when people open their golden mouth and ask for the seat.
12. Old old people. board the bus. in fromt got empty seat. dnt want. choose to go upper deck or back of bus and expect other to give up their seat. KNN!
13. Bedok interchange. go witness yourself in the morning like 7-715am. When a bus arrive. suddenly a school of school kid from no where start to board the bus without Q-ing.
14. more?

14. Aisle sitters who clearly want to have the whole seat to themselves and will grudgingly move maybe 1 cm to the side to allow you to squeeze into the inside seat. Funnily enough, you will most of these creatures on feeder bus services. I've gotten on to such busses where every single seat was taken up by an aisle sitter. Oh for a cattle prod at times like this!

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bus services can be better. Over here it's another monopolized market where 2 bus service provider running separate lines.

In UK, a similiar routes is being run by 2 or 3 different companies. So we see competition and the better ones( in term of service, frequency, timing whatever) get to earn their keep.