• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Motorcyclist dies after being crushed between lorry and trailer along KJE

LaoHongBiscuit

Stupidman
Loyal
I thought CYCLISTS are the ones that cause havoc on the roads I don't see any of them in the video.
There are pest car drivers, pest motorbikes, pest cyclists and even pest pedestrians. There is one Indian elderly aunty in my estate that loves to walk on the road instead of pedestrian walkway. I pity the driver who will eventually knock her down and send her to another world as she does on a daily basis...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There are pest car drivers, pest motorbikes, pest cyclists and even pest pedestrians. There is one Indian elderly aunty in my estate that loves to walk on the road instead of pedestrian walkway. I pity the driver who will eventually knock her down and send her to another world as she does on a daily basis...

Pest cyclists seldom kill other road users. They may be pests but they aren't lethal the way cars and other large motorised vehicles are.

If the police concentrate on the elephant in the room the road death rate will drop significantly. Policing groups of cyclists is hardly a productive use of law enforcement resources.

Cars are also the biggest cause of congestion. If just a small proportion of motorists switched to using bicycles or PMDs the roads would be far less congested and a lot safer too.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those motor bikers want to squeeze between two lorries for what? No safety. I would keep to left most left lane as only one vehicle on the right will be s hazard. Not two in this case. On right and left. You can see motorcyclist all rushing to go in between the lorries like it's a sublime pussy. Lorries have huge blind spot.

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see this kind accidents daily on the expressways, esp on KJE, BKE and SLE which have lots of jiuhu bikers. Basically these motorcyclists split lanes at very high speeds so that when a car or lorry needs to filter the driver usually can't see the motorcyclist in the rear view mirror especially when the biker is in the blind zone. In a side to side collision, the biker is almost always killed or seriously maimed.

All learner motorcyclists are taught not to split lanes - it's very dangerous, you're at the mercy of bigger vehicles, the drivers can't see you, and on rainy days the lane markings can be very slippery to ride on.

LaoHongBiscuit

Stupidman
Loyal

Motorcyclist dies after being crushed between lorry and trailer along KJE​

Motorcyclist dies after being crushed between lorry and trailer along KJE

The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene after an accident with a trailer and a lorry along the KJE.
PHOTO: Facebook/Farizatul Firdaus
Bhavya Rawat PUBLISHED ON OCTOBER 23, 2024 2:58 PM

By BHAVYA RAWAT

A motorcyclist died following an accident with a lorry and a trailer along the Kranji Expressway (KJE) on Wednesday (Oct 23) morning.

In dashcam footage shared on Facebook, a group of bikers can be seen lane splitting on the expressway.

As the motorcyclist speeds up, however, a trailer travelling in the lane to his left accelerates while the lorry in the right lane brakes suddenly.

This causes the motorcyclist to collide with the lorry on his right before being crushed between the two vehicles.

Multiple chunks of debris are sent flying following the crash and the rider is seen lying on the road.

The vehicles involved in the accident as well as the car that captured the footage can be seen stopping along the road.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) told AsiaOne that it was alerted to a road traffic accident that occurred along the KJE before Senja Road exit at about 7am on Wednesday.

A person was pronounced dead at the scene by an SCDF paramedic, it added.

Responding to AsiaOne's queries, the police said that the motorcyclist was a 52-year-old man.

A 24-year-old male lorry driver was also arrested for careless driving causing death.

Investigations are ongoing.

mixmasternrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is the lorry driver arrested? The biker came from the blind side
SG law is like that. All fatal accidents result in maximum charge arrests for a start. Subsequently, after investigation and/or mitigation - court arraignment and charges will be amended/proceeded accordingly. Here in this instance even though it is not completely the lorry driver's fault, he will likely face causing death by careless driving charge (as opposed to causing death by dangerous driving). Under this he faces up to 3 years imprisonment and/or fine of up to $10,000. The offence of dangerous driving causing death carries an imprisonment term of not less than two years and not more than eight years; and disqualification from driving all classes of vehicles for 10 years.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
In theory, sbf uncle is right. But jiuhu motor bikes travel at very high speed, it is impossible to avoid going in between 2 long vehicles. And usually long vehicles switch lane when necessary.

When 2 jiuhu motor bikes over took my car, i will expect a few more to come. So i will try to avoid changing lane. The lorry driver is inexperienced with sg express way condition. A few bikes already speed past him, he should have been more careful.

LaoHongBiscuit

Stupidman
Loyal
In theory, sbf uncle is right. But jiuhu motor bikes travel at very high speed, it is impossible to avoid going in between 2 long vehicles. And usually long vehicles switch lane when necessary.

When 2 jiuhu motor bikes over took my car, i will expect a few more to come. So i will try to avoid changing lane. The lorry driver is inexperienced with sg express way condition. A few bikes already speed past him, he should have been more careful.
the one who mati is a jiuhu bike rider?