• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Killer who slept with victim's corpse for 2 days

G

General Veers

Killer who slept with victim's corpse for 2 days

IANS
New York Daily News
Published Oct 24 2010

lorna.jpg

Lorna Santiago was strangled and her body was left to rot on Lenahan's bed

lenahan.jpg

Michael Lenahan told the court that he was far from perfect but he was a good person

A 31-year-old man from New York has been sentenced to life in prison for killing a woman and then sleeping for two days with her decomposing body and buying alcohol with her credit card.

Michael Lenahan was sentenced for the 2007 murder of Lorna Santiago, 24, in Confucius Plaza in Chinatown, in an apartment he shared with his ailing grandmother, Fox News reported citing the New York Post.

lorna.jpg

Prosecutors said that after killing Santiago, Lenahan spent two days surfing websites dealing with how to preserve dead bodies, and later bought alcohol with her credit card.

When the body was discovered, Lenahan told police it was an accident and he had only intended to stop her from screaming and hitting him during an argument.

"I'm far from a perfect person, but I am a good person," the accused told the Manhattan Supreme Court. "I am extremely sorry and extremely remorseful for what happened."