• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

kiasee, kiasu, cho bo lan

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
would an average man be admitted to hospital for such a common symptom which everyone goes through once in their lifetime?

same people; different lives.:rolleyes:

May 13, 2009
SM Goh out of hospital

SM Goh was admitted to an isolation ward in SGH as chicken pox is transmitted by the airborne route. -- ST PHOTO: JOYCE FANG

SENIOR Minister Goh Chok Tong, who was admitted to the Singapore General Hospital on May 4 for chicken pox, was discharged on Wednesday morning, as he has fully recovered and is no longer infectious.�
'However, SM's doctors have advised him to avoid a hectic schedule over the next few days as he had suffered a severe attack of chicken pox,' said a statement from the Prime Minister's Office.

SM Goh was admitted to an isolation ward in SGH as chicken pox is transmitted by the airborne route.

Chicken pox is a generally mild, contagious childhood illness that ischaracterised by a fever and the appearance of red spots on the body and face.

It spreads by direct contact or inhalation of air droplets from an infected person's coughing or sneezing.

It is not unusual for adults to be admitted for the disease as they might run into more complications, said Dr Leong Hoe Nam, a consultant infectious disease physician at SGH last week.

He noted that while it is less common for adults to get chicken pox, disproportionately more adults in Asia tend to succumb to the disease as they do not get it during childhood.

Once a person has had chicken pox, he is immune to the disease and very unlikely to catch it again. However, he or she may develop shingles.

One can get chicken pox within 10 days to 21 days of coming into contact with an infected person, according to the Health Promotion Board's website.

An infected person is usually infectious one or two days before the rash appears until about a week later, when the spots dry up and the body temperature falls back to normal.

Chicken pox is treated by medication to relieve symptoms such as fever and itchiness, and by antiviral drugs.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
in my kampung days, when one sibling got it, the rest would have it one after the other. it was like a standard childhood ritual in kampung.

my grandma would burn "kambong" incense and smoke the whole house at regular intervals. she would apply some cooling soothing home-made herbal remedy from some wild herbs gathered from the nearby hill.

life went on. where got like lau goh so exaggerated and good life overdosing?

chingchong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone overheard SM Goh's doctor whisper this while examining his patient:

"I hope my children don't get this pox, ................. touch wood"

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
they should start a massive retracement where lau goh had been and quarantine the locations and all the people he had in contact.

let's make it bigger kiasee, kiasu and fuckup cho bo lan.:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone overheard SM Goh's doctor whisper this while examining his patient:

"I hope my children don't get this pox, ................. touch wood"

if my grandma were to be alive today, she would gladly smoke him and his house with her "kambom" incense - just like he smokes the entire nation with his SWISS STANDARD. she could also oil him properly with her secret herbal remedy.

it was just too extravagance what this lau kiasee kiasu went through for all the cho bo lan.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
using my li'l brother's butt for your face really makes u look so good and proud meh, ngejay? LOL!:biggrin: