• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kena Disconnected 160 Times A Day!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Just into business and poor SingNet service is hurting
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IN OCTOBER last year, I upgraded my SingNet broadband service plan from a 3 Mbps package to 10 Mbps, paying $88 a month, when I decided to start a home-based Web and graphic design business.
Unfortunately, since February this year, I have had constant disconnections and with supported data collected by my modem, loss of DSL connection can occur up to 160 times in a 24-hour cycle. As the connection comes back on shortly after every time, I called the SingNet helpdesk only in June to fix this problem.
Since my first call in June, SingNet technicians have visited my premises four times to try and rectify the problem, but it has persisted. Every time I call to report a downtime, SingNet arranges for a technician to visit my premises, but each appointment is scheduled four days ahead, so there has been a total downtime of 16 days.
As a consumer, I am upset with this situation and hope satisfactory answers can be given to these questions:
- Why does this loss of connection occur regularly?
- Are SingNet technicians competent to handle my problem, because even after their visit, the problem remains?
- Why does it take four days for a technician to visit my premises, knowing I still have the problem?
Because of this situation, I expect to be compensated for the financial loss I have incurred as I must constantly connect to the Internet via a GPRS connection from my phone to my laptop. This means my GPRS bill this month is sky high.
Lim Ming Wei

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason is simple, peasant lim is peasant. peasants are idiots and must be taken for a ride.

Blue6

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't understand why if there's a connection problem, the blame always lies with the service provider. There's no mention of any attempts to check the serviceability of the computer itself. Sometimes it's better to remain in the box than to think outside of it.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
The answer is simple, if you are singtel PREMIUM subscriber customer, you will be serve differently.

Money talk louder though.