• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kelly Poon Kena Insulted Till Cry in Daiwan!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 16 Jul, 2009 10:11
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Watch the video of Kelly Poon in tears as she's insulted by Taiwan judges

Are overseas judges too harsh, wonders STOMPer Stefanie. In this Taiwanese variety show, Kelly Poon performed some magic tricks. However, instead of commenting on her magic skills, the judges insulted her and called her dress sense 'pasar malam' style.

In an email to STOMP today (Jul 16), the STOMPer who sent us this video clip, found on a video-sharing site, says:

“I start to ponder over the below questions after watching this video.

“In the Taiwan variety show, she was reprimanded by the judges.

“Instead of commenting on her magic skills/stunts, the judge pinpointed on her dress-sense as ‘pasar malam’ style.

“Are local judges too lenient or are overseas judges too harsh?”

When My Paper contacted Kelly Poon, she told the newspaper that she had picked her outfit herself, but producers of the show had made a change to her original outfit, which might scored her higher points with the judges.

“Initially, I had chosen to wear long, leather leggings,” she said, adding that she hadn’t wanted a 'formal' look and that she had went through four hours of training from a professional magician prior to her performance.

“The producers, who approve everyone’s outfit before the show, thought the shorts would look nicer,” said Kelly.

“I felt it looked fine,” she added.

She said she joined the show because "it looked like fun" and that the judges' comments did not offend her.

She even smiled and nodded when the judges talked about how her dressing was inappropriate.

“It’s Taiwanese variety show culture to have something to talk about,” she said. “It was actually fun to watch the judges debate because it made the show feel less formal.”

Kelly said she had no regrets:

“Everyone has different tastes. Dressing styles can be very subjective.

“But as the judges are magicians, I guess they would have rather had the contestants dress how magicians usually dress.”

getArticlePhoto.do

Pic above: Kelly performing her magic tricks.

getArticlePhoto.do

Pic above: Kelly waiting for the judges to comment.

getArticlePhoto.do

Pic above: A Taiwanese judge commenting on Kelly's dress sense and calling it 'pasar malam' style.

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD>Poor Kelly Poon in tears as she gets insulted by harsh Taiwan judges </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

macky888

Alfrescian
Loyal
she thought she looked fine?

that's why we singaporeans make a fool of ourselves when overseas....
you called that fine? it's pretty loutish taste i would say....

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taiwanese are mostly loud and chow ah beng, just look at their ex president and their parliarment, it is a joke in the democratic world.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
She could be leading a happy life here yet wanting to go on National TV of being lambasted by critics .

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah stephanie ...

u r rite! ... taiwan has a lot 2 learn fr sg ... sg is world crass! .. world's bestest! .. world lumpar 1! ...

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is what it is like to climb from the bottom, first u kana scolding and when u r on the top and it would be u scolding people.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taiwan Judge foul mouthed la. Maybe need to shove a Taiwan-made lup cheong into this mouth.

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
she thought she looked fine?

that's why we singaporeans make a fool of ourselves when overseas....
you called that fine? it's pretty loutish taste i would say....

she practically not very well known there nor here. That's why judges makes all those harsh remarks.
But she take it in her stride, which i admire her.

Imagine if angelina jodie dress in this way and perform. what will all those judges say?

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
the sg gals dream that they are very class, always look down on the fellow sg men and pour ang mos. gals, urine and see your faces, what's great about you? kan ni nia ccb. good to see the judges screw her. wake up, sluts!