• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Keep USD or convert back to SG dollar?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A couple of associates of mine have liquidated their overseas shares and are thinking of bringing back the money to SG. However, with the recent move by MAS and conflicting news globally.

They are not sure whether to keep it in USD for the next 6 months or convert to SGD. Its a big enough sum that any major dip or increase would matter.

Currently from http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi, it seems to be 1.4734 SGD thereabouts to 1 USD.

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
looking at my charts, most majors are bottoming against USD.

The next 6-12 mths, be ready for USD to go south. :biggrin:

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
A couple of associates of mine have liquidated their overseas shares and are thinking of bringing back the money to SG. However, with the recent move by MAS and conflicting news globally.

They are not sure whether to keep it in USD for the next 6 months or convert to SGD. Its a big enough sum that any major dip or increase would matter.

Currently from http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi, it seems to be 1.4734 SGD thereabouts to 1 USD.

Put some in Aussie, and some in Euro. Aussie still pays pretty good interest too, compared to the rest.

Don't leave more than 25% cash holdings in Sing$ at the moment. Both Sing and USD should depreciate in the long run compared the a/m currencies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks everyone, especially Conan and Teekee!! :smile: I also liquidated some yesterday. Bac seems to be heading north again, my friend insisted i buy at 9 dollars but i didn't yesterday. Its went up to 10.38

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<table class="XEtbl_sub" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="XEenlarge" width="45%" align="right">1,000.00 SGD<!-- WARNING: Automated extraction of data is prohibited under the Terms of Use. -->

</td> <td class="XEenlarge" valign="top" align="center">=

</td> <td class="XEenlarge" width="45%" align="left">4,638.55 CNY<!-- WARNING: Automated extraction of data is prohibited under the Terms of Use. -->

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="XEenlarge" align="right">Singapore Dollars </td> <td class="XEenlarge" valign="top" align="center"> </td> <td class="XEenlarge" align="left">China Yuan Renminbi </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="XEenlarge" align="right">1 SGD = 4.63855 CNY<!-- WARNING: Automated extraction of data is prohibited under the Terms of Use. --></td> <td class="XEenlarge" valign="top" align="center"> </td> <td class="XEenlarge" align="left">1 CNY = 0.215584 SGD</td></tr></tbody></table>

:eek::eek::eek: