• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Julian Du Lan Mediacorpse FAKE Yankee Accent! Bedok Becums BARE DORK!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>C'mon, let's celebrate our roots in a better way
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I HAD the misfortune to sit through part of This Is My Home on Channel 5 on Thursday night. I accept that the programme was trying to send a message emphasising that Singaporeans should stand and work together as well as the importance of our roots, which I accept and applaud. But it was riddled with mistakes and misconceptions that robbed it of any merit or credibility, especially the lead character Grace.
For example, Yosemite in the United States is not pronounced Yo-se-MAT-tie as our pouting princess would have you know; it is pronounced Yo-SE-mi-te. And how is Bedok mangled into Bare-dork by an American accent? It seems in her quest to distance herself from her Singaporean friend, she also managed to distance herself from her brain.
The portrayal of the dynamics of the relationship was also amateurish to the point of nausea. When her on-off boyfriend leans over for a kiss, she stops him with 'What are you doing?' and 'I want to wait.'
For prude's sake, he was leaning over to give her a kiss. This is the girl who moments earlier was clad in a bikini and telling Singaporeans not to be so stuck up. No wonder they broke up, though I have trouble believing that she dumped him.
Or when her boyfriend, a Filipino trying so hard to be the all-American boy next door, says after her rejection of his 'advances': 'I should just date white girls.' The insinuation is in poor taste in a multiracial country.
I have lived most of my life in white majority countries and am married to a Caucasian girl.
Julian Teoh

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>This is definitely a propaganda show but lacking in sophistication and credibility.

It's really painful to watch a show like that.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: wantanmeen at Sat Aug 08 15:42:27 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>This is my home , sad or happy because I have no other to survive.

In any case, I will be a second hand citizen elsewhere.

It's better to be sideline in my own country while foreigners take the limelight than to go to another country and be despised. Only Singapore treats foreigners better than other countries. So I love Singapore.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: sakuratoratora at Sat Aug 08 13:14:31 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>There are better ways to waste your time than to watch propaganda films manufactured by cronies working overtime using public money.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: commentator_sc at Sat Aug 08 12:43:17 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>