• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Joy for diabetes patients!

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tears of joy for diabetes patients!
Friday 18th December, 2009
(IANS)

There is great news for diabetics. A revolutionary technology is on its way to help them measure blood sugar levels without drawing blood daily.

The diabetes patients may soon be able to wear contact lenses that will continuously alert them to changes in their blood sugar level by changing their colours.

Developed by biochemical engineering professor Jin Zhang at the University of Western Ontario in Hamilton near here, the non-invasive technology uses extremely small nano-particles embedded into the hydrogel lenses.

These engineered nano-particles react with glucose molecules found in tears, causing a chemical reaction that changes their colour.

These technologies have other potential applications beyond biomedical devices, including for food packaging, a statement by the university said Thursday.

Nano-composite films can prevent food spoilage by preventing oxygen, carbon dioxide and moisture from reaching fresh meats and other foods, or by measuring pathogenic contamination, the statement said.

Zhang is carrying on further research to perfect these technologies using multifunctional nano-composites.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chey, the revolution should be therapeutic rather then diagnostic. No use I can predict that you will be diabetic when there is no real cure, just management. The quality of life suffers greatly in the management of the disease, a cure would be more beneficial.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
with today technology , patients will not pray to the invisible man for empty promises ..teekee invisible cult begger soon no business liao ...lol .

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
what those patients need is the kind of medicine/treatment which can normalise the function of their body. trust many of them realise they have high sugar level in their blood, but could not have a way to lower it.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
diabetic will continue to pay more and more for technology...the basic problem remains the same unless they can discover something which can act like the pancreas and insulin in the body...genetically predisposed individuals will have to spend a bomb in all forms of new technology that will only benefits the Big Pharma...and the poor patients will continue to suffer!!!

why diabetic? why bad genes ? why ? some got cancer genes? some all sorts of bad genes? why? some people eat all they want, and yet they stay healthy...why? good genes??? so blessed to be healthy....only GOD knows!

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chey, the revolution should be therapeutic rather then diagnostic. No use I can predict that you will be diabetic when there is no real cure, just management. The quality of life suffers greatly in the management of the disease, a cure would be more beneficial.

There is a cure for diabetes.

A friend of mine has a real cure for diabetics - those with gangrene foot - can now save their feet. And not only control as what western medication do, but cure them of diabetes! To the point of no further drugs every month!

Those interested, please PM me.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a cure for diabetes.

For type 2 diabetes maybe, but not type 1 diabetes.

For type 2 diabetes:

*exercise
*eat properly & reduce sugar intake, avoid things made with white flour, cut down saturated fats
*take supplements to ensure you get the essential nutrients including alpha lipoic acid, resveratrol, benfotiamine(B1).
*Consider taking cinnamon, chromium, fenugreek, bitter melon, gymnema sylvestre. Which have shown to control sugars

marryjohnson

Hi GoFlyKiteNow .
Hope the further research work goes successfully and end with the conclusion which provide boon to the diabetic patients.
Thanks for sharing the research.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
For type 2 diabetes maybe, but not type 1 diabetes.

For type 2 diabetes:

*exercise
*eat properly & reduce sugar intake, avoid things made with white flour, cut down saturated fats
*take supplements to ensure you get the essential nutrients including alpha lipoic acid, resveratrol, benfotiamine(B1).
*Consider taking cinnamon, chromium, fenugreek, bitter melon, gymnema sylvestre. Which have shown to control sugars

That is management lah, not cure, if I am a lazy ass who simply likes to eat whatever I like and not exercise, all the points you just made would make my life a living hell.

jojostar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tears of joy for diabetes patients!
Friday 18th December, 2009
(IANS)

Developed by biochemical engineering professor Jin Zhang at the University of Western Ontario in Hamilton near here, the non-invasive technology uses extremely small nano-particles embedded into the hydrogel lenses.

Western is located in London Ontario, MacMaster is in Hamilton

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is management lah, not cure, .....

No lah, if you are a type II & follow the "right" things, your problem might go away. This is what I've read in "Reversing Diabetes"

http://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Dia...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261229748&sr=8-1

The author Julian Whitaker is an M.D.

I've heard from some people that their diabetes disappeared after they changed diets & lifestyle :eek:

What is causes of type II? Age, obesity, diet, a sedentary lifesty, ,,, So if you reverse those bad habits, who is to say diabetes(type II ) is incrurable :smile:

Even cancer has been known to go away. :rolleyes:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, if you are a type II & follow the "right" things, your problem might go away. This is what I've read in "Reversing Diabetes"

http://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Dia...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261229748&sr=8-1

The author Julian Whitaker is an M.D.

I've heard from some people that their diabetes disappeared after they changed diets & lifestyle :eek:

What is causes of type II? Age, obesity, diet, a sedentary lifesty, ,,, So if you reverse those bad habits, who is to say diabetes(type II ) is incrurable :smile:

Even cancer has been known to go away. :rolleyes:

Have fat people ever reduced weight permanently? if you answered no, then it is the same for diabetes, straight and narrow discipline all the way.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have fat people ever reduced weight permanently? if you answered no, then it is the same for diabetes, straight and narrow discipline all the way.

The diet for reversing diabetes is similar to that for reversing heart problems. Up to each individual to decide if living is worth it the effort.

I've heard Spore described as a food paradise but after decades of eating the same foods, I think there are many willing to modify their diet if it means avoiding doctors & premature death.

However since many already have problems it's going to be a little harder to re-educate & practise the proper eating habits that will reverse the problem.

I still miss drinking Coke & Pepsi but have substituted with fruit juices & plain water. I now never miss breakfast, eating oats with raisins, brown bread,.. and of course taking alot of various supplements to detox & supplement my diet.

The fact is there are solutions to diabetes & heart problems. If anybody is interested in reading further I suggest starting with the following 2 books :

Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes
http://www.amazon.com/Neal-Barnards...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261249203&sr=1-1

Reversing Diabetes
http://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Dia...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261249313&sr=1-1

You'll also find some recipes recipes in these books. These 2 books together cost me less than US$20 at amazon which I think is a good investment :rolleyes: