• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Joseph Schooling withdraws from upcoming SEA Games

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Joseph Schooling withdraws from upcoming SEA Games​

Singapore's Joseph Schooling at the 2016 Summer Olympics. (File photo: AP/Matt Slocum)

01 Mar 2023 03:49PM (Updated: 01 Mar 2023 04:58PM)

SINGAPORE: Joseph Schooling on Wednesday (Mar 1) announced his withdrawal from the upcoming Southeast Asian Games, saying he was "not at the level" at which he expects to compete at the event.

"After careful consideration with my team, I have decided to pull out of the SEA Games," the 27-year-old swimmer said in a statement.

"This was not an easy decision, but I am currently not at the level at which I hold myself to perform. Ultimately, my country comes first before individual accolades."

The Olympic champion added that he would instead focus on his National Service duties and support his team-mates from home.

"I have decided to give my spot to team-mates who have been getting themselves ready and considered for selection while I cheer from home and focus on my Navy duties," he said.

The 2023 SEA Games will take place from May 5 to May 17 in Cambodia.

The announcement comes after two difficult years for the 29-time SEA Games gold medallist.

In 2021, he relinquished his Olympic crown in Tokyo, after failing to make the semi-finals of the 100m butterfly event which he won in 2016.

Just months later, he had to cope with the death of his father Colin.

In 2022, after enlisting and then taking part in the SEA Games in Vietnam, Schooling confessed to consuming cannabis overseas.

As a result of his admission, he received a formal letter of warning from the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) and lost his disruption privileges.

Sport Singapore also suspended support for him for a month, and he was fined for breaching rules in the Singapore National Olympic Council's code of conduct.

Last month, however, he was named in Singapore's shortlist for Cambodia.

Schooling's withdrawal leaves Singapore with a current contingent of 22 swimmers for the Games, including Teong Tzen Wei and Amanda Lim, who were also embroiled in last year's drug saga.

Source: CNA/kg

Last edited:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is all wayang.
Behind the scenes, the powers to be "suggested" to Schooling that he is not likely to be selected and that he should consider withdrawing to save face for everyone.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't give a fuck to any local swimmer except for Junie Sng. Had a crush on her during my school days. If this is really her recent foto, I believe I still can fap off to this aquatic milf with minimal effort. :geek:

juniesng_STjunie.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is all wayang.
Behind the scenes, the powers to be "suggested" to Schooling that he is not likely to be selected and that he should consider withdrawing to save face for everyone.
Sea games not his standard ma! Fir him its the Olympics or world championships,. Mimimum, asian and commonwealth games,

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Joseph Schooling withdraws from upcoming SEA Games​

Singapore's Joseph Schooling at the 2016 Summer Olympics. (File photo: AP/Matt Slocum)

01 Mar 2023 03:49PM (Updated: 01 Mar 2023 04:58PM)

SINGAPORE: Joseph Schooling on Wednesday (Mar 1) announced his withdrawal from the upcoming Southeast Asian Games, saying he was "not at the level" at which he expects to compete at the event.

"After careful consideration with my team, I have decided to pull out of the SEA Games," the 27-year-old swimmer said in a statement.

"This was not an easy decision, but I am currently not at the level at which I hold myself to perform. Ultimately, my country comes first before individual accolades."

The Olympic champion added that he would instead focus on his National Service duties and support his team-mates from home.

"I have decided to give my spot to team-mates who have been getting themselves ready and considered for selection while I cheer from home and focus on my Navy duties," he said.

The 2023 SEA Games will take place from May 5 to May 17 in Cambodia.

The announcement comes after two difficult years for the 29-time SEA Games gold medallist.

In 2021, he relinquished his Olympic crown in Tokyo, after failing to make the semi-finals of the 100m butterfly event which he won in 2016.

Just months later, he had to cope with the death of his father Colin.

In 2022, after enlisting and then taking part in the SEA Games in Vietnam, Schooling confessed to consuming cannabis overseas.

As a result of his admission, he received a formal letter of warning from the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) and lost his disruption privileges.

Sport Singapore also suspended support for him for a month, and he was fined for breaching rules in the Singapore National Olympic Council's code of conduct.

Last month, however, he was named in Singapore's shortlist for Cambodia.

Schooling's withdrawal leaves Singapore with a current contingent of 22 swimmers for the Games, including Teong Tzen Wei and Amanda Lim, who were also embroiled in last year's drug saga.

Source: CNA/kg

He's been a fat ass lately. Even I can swim faster than him now.